Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Palstar Commander HF-2500 Magunm  (Read 11135 times)
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 09:13:32 PM »

FYI, Don Kessler is no longer at Palstar.  He's out on his own and is preparing a website to show his new products including the AT-Auto tuner that Palstar no longer manufactures.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 06:41:05 AM »

All I can say is the purchase of my HF-2500 from QRO Technologies (Bryan, Ohio) five years ago, was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is truely a brute force amp., that is built like a tank. Plus great support, any questions, you will always get an answer fron Ray the same day. Just a great amp......

John W5JON
N4RSS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 11:52:46 AM »

All I can say is the purchase of my HF-2500 from QRO Technologies (Bryan, Ohio) five years ago, was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is truely a brute force amp., that is built like a tank. Plus great support, any questions, you will always get an answer fron Ray the same day. Just a great amp......

John W5JON

Great amp but I haven't been as lucky getting a response to my emails
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 03:29:03 PM »

Below is the reply I received to an EMail sent asking about your EMails. He replyed in a half hour:

To: John Abbruscato
Sent: Tue, September 14, 2010 4:08:25 PM
Subject: Re: Compliment

John,

I have never got a email from N4RSS. I always respond to emails. If he is using juno.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com, or gmail.com, his emails probably did not get through my spam filter.

73s Ray C.
N9MXY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »

John,

I have never got a email from N4RSS. I always respond to emails. If he is using juno.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com, or gmail.com, his emails probably did not get through my spam filter.

I can appreciate his disire to keep spam down but by eliminating those providers he's probably shut out 50% of the people on the net.
N4RSS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »

Yes, I'm using gmail.  Oh well.  I did get some responses from this board so I think I have my answer triangulated.

Also, it's ironic, but I checked my spam box to make sure any response from him hadn't been screened by MY spam filter...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 07:09:49 PM by Roger Steffens » Logged
W8LAD

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »

HF SERVICE
Groveport, OH

W8LAD
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 03:43:59 AM »

John,

I can appreciate his disire to keep spam down but by eliminating those providers he's probably shut out 50% of the people on the net.

I agree. Then tell us Mr Palstar what is your preferred email provider, so customers can contact you? Never return anything to Palstar, it will hurt! My comment probably better in the company comments forum.
Fred
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 04:07:26 AM »

If he is using juno.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com, or gmail.com, his emails probably did not get through my spam filter.

If that is your spam criteria, I respectfully submit that your spam filter is broken. Eliminating those email providers is equivalent to turning off the internet.

May I suggest you host your email ON gmail.com and use their spam filters. They are beyond excellent. You keep your domain, GMail will host email only if you wish. I've had my mail hosted on gmail.com for many years now and their spam filtering is second to none. It's just a change in your MX record to get it done.

Blocking spam by domain is a terrible solution.

73 de N4CR, Phil

Never believe an atom. They make up everything.
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 04:35:54 AM »

At this moment it is my understanding that there is no support for the Palstar version of the Command Tech amps.  The older ones are being serviced by myself and some other hams around the US appointed  by the previous owner of Comommand Tech. The newer Palstar versions do not seem to have any factory ties for support.  There were not that many made fortunately.  They were modified heavily on the control board and style but the original RF deck is pretty much the same. Oddly, the control boards look schematically a lot like our Lunar Link control boards.  It is possible we can work on these there.  We can be reached at www.lunarlink.com
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 05:28:06 PM »

Palstar also does not repair the 1500W+ Auto tuners they made either. I have a friend who has one that is broke and they will not repair it. He was told to call the person that designed it and he only answers his phone on Tuesdays between 9am anf 1 pm EST that between 3 and 7 am here and no luck in over a year trying to get it fixed. Lets just say he's pissed since he has a very expensive door stop. Palstar's service sucks.
KI6SZ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 09:34:54 PM »

AH6RR -- Please, don't malign me.  I did design the AT-AUTO and I own all of the rights to it as well as the firmware Copyright.  I do support this tuner in the form of (free) firmware updates as well as repair and upgrade.  I answer the phone and e-mail EVERY day, including Saturday & Sunday.  Not just on Tuesdays, etc., as you have repeated here.

You (and anyone else) are welcome to contact me.  Please peruse my website and you'll see that I do indeed support this tuner.  I also think you will find that those folks that have dealt with me and my company are very pleased with the service that I provide.  I (thankfully!) no longer have any involvement with palstar (buzmeg).  To set the record straight -- I did file suit against them twice... So, when/if you phone them, do not expect them to represent me or my interests, etc. in a charitable or truthful fashion.   

FWIW:  I'm sure I've never been contacted by "your friend".  However, I've been contacted by many folks and have serviced many AT-AUTOs.  Please have your friend contact me directly (via my website) and I think he will be pleased with the actual (non-palstar) reality.  Search for my name and AT-AUTO and you'll find my website.

Thanks & 73,
Don Kessler

AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »

AH6RR -- Please, don't malign me.  I did design the AT-AUTO and I own all of the rights to it as well as the firmware Copyright.  I do support this tuner in the form of (free) firmware updates as well as repair and upgrade.  I answer the phone and e-mail EVERY day, including Saturday & Sunday.  Not just on Tuesdays, etc., as you have repeated here.

You (and anyone else) are welcome to contact me.  Please peruse my website and you'll see that I do indeed support this tuner.  I also think you will find that those folks that have dealt with me and my company are very pleased with the service that I provide.  I (thankfully!) no longer have any involvement with palstar (buzmeg).  To set the record straight -- I did file suit against them twice... So, when/if you phone them, do not expect them to represent me or my interests, etc. in a charitable or truthful fashion.   

FWIW:  I'm sure I've never been contacted by "your friend".  However, I've been contacted by many folks and have serviced many AT-AUTOs.  Please have your friend contact me directly (via my website) and I think he will be pleased with the actual (non-palstar) reality.  Search for my name and AT-AUTO and you'll find my website.

Thanks & 73,
Don Kessler

Aloha Don,
I did forward your link to my friend I am sure you will be hearing from him his call is KH7DX the tuner just makes loud clunks and does nothing but that.

Roland AH6RR
V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 08:50:11 AM »

Thanks & 73,
Don Kessler

I have nothing but praise for the support Don Kessler provides for my AT-AUTO, on the rare occasion it is required. Great  product, design and great support.

73 and DX,

John  V47JA   -   W5JON

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: