Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM 'Adventures' comix, coloring-books & calendar  (Read 965 times)
VK5CQ

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »

One way to promote the Ham Radio hobby to kids is via media formats that they enjoy... eg, comix.

Younger kids like Coloring Books...

Older kids might like a Calendar to hang-up somewhere...

ICOM promotes our Ham Hobby (and some of its products) in each of the above formats (6 comix that are also downloadable as coloring books + a 2009-10 calendar, with similar comix characters & friends & some Ham (eg, Dayton Hamvention) & holiday thems, including some Ham activities like fox-hunting).

While I hope they someday feature their comix characters actually designing & building more than wire dipoles (I mean things like station accessories or small radio projects), these might be - at least to folks in ICOM's marketing dep't - to be inconsistent with their business goals.

In any case, they've done pretty well with the 7 volumes of comix / coloring books / calendar items they've published (as platform-independent PDF's).

Have a look, download some & maybe send one off to some family, colleagues, et al. who you know has kids, eg, as eMail attachments (most are under 4 MB in size & closer to 3 MB); they're free-to-download, from here:

. http://www.icomamerica.com/en/amateur/comic_book/default.aspx

(Elsewhere - from ICOM & Kenwood (from memory) - I've seen Ham Band charts (at least for USA), but maybe ARRL's or your country's national radio peak body does 'em better, eg, with local sub-band details?)

73 & Enjoy a Peaceful Holiday 2009,

Chuck - VK5CQ, etc.

PS Maybe it's time we started creating our own promotional media for ourselves...?  ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: