Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to ast for a brake  (Read 1867 times)
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »

Hams don't want to break the frequency.  They want the frequency to maintain its continuous sine wave.

CBers are forever chasing where an asymptote crosses an axis, a break or point of division by zero.

Guess hams just don't cosine CBers?

Bob

Bob, now don't go off on a tangent.

(chuckle, chuckle, snark.)
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 12:25:51 PM »

The question should be "What is the difference between a CBer and a no coder?" Usually nothing because they are in the same!!!! :^P
WW6L

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 08:51:56 AM »

i can "bear" this!
KI4VEO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 09:56:16 AM »

I am unsure how many of you have seen the "subtlety" of the nom de plume, "Charlie Baker."  Abbreviated that would be "CB".

Most have examined the repeated commonality in misspellings of words and Charlie's penchant for singling out replies of some posters on which to comment in "CB Speak."

Charlie, perhaps many legal amateur operators on 10 and 20 meters do not ask for a "break" because they cannot hear your weak, over-modulated, roger-beep signal?  Or they recognize you for the "lid" and twit you pretend to be.

While many of the CB crowd have decided to join our ranks, you have obviously been like a wolf amongst the fold for some time and take some pleasure in pushing "hot buttons."

So step forward, out of the shadows and admit your true identity.  We can all have a good laugh and move on.

I, for one, will no longer play this game for I have come to realize you are not the idiot CB'er you portray.
KI4VEO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 09:59:08 AM »

OOPS...I left out the call, N1BUST.  Number One Nut Buster...

Charming, but not cryptic.
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 06:34:13 PM »

CB:
cosine buckaroo.

We want better from you than lol!

Don't make me start the awsome alliteration again to shame you into better prose!

Bob
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »

"I hope you still use a typewriter instead of a computer and go back to using a rotory dial telephone!!!"

That was a goodun!  Gettin up there with CB--using a typewriter for posting on the internet.

You'll have to huff and puff harder to beat "'axe' for a brake." tho.
Bob
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 02:55:01 AM »

"The question should be "What is the difference between a CBer and a no coder?" Usually nothing because they are in the same!!!!"

This statement is incorrect in so many ways. There are many radio hams who have no interest in the HF bands and therefore did not feel a need to take the code test. Some of these 'amateurs' have been doing outstanding work for years on UHF and microwave frequencies and many of them are far better engineers than I am.

I held a no code ticket for eight years before taking the 12 WPM test and the ONLY reason I did this was because I became interested in QRP operation. 5W CW gets me far further than 10W SSB.

An ability to send CW does not indicate the level of an amateurs technical skill, or his standing in the worldwide community of amateur radio.

Tanakasan
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 07:15:50 AM »

N1BUST stands for the number 1 Buster Brown.

A question to ponder:
If you were are CBer what handle would you chose?
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

um may be you cant read but i tolled you that my handel is the one buster brown!!! in the base! lol!!! but i want my HAM call numbers to be N1BUST. i dont like the beep de beep code niether and think thats just for boys scuots or HAM nerds! lol!!! i can jaw jack alot faster on a mike then on a beep de beep nerd key!! lol!!! beep de beep code is for like a hunnert years aggo!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »

Yer looking fer serious responses in a CB thread?
Sufferin Succotash!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: