Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Software to Determine Modes of Operation?  (Read 557 times)
WZ6F

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2003, 05:25:46 PM »

Hello,

Any software available to determine mode of operation? Specifically, I am interested in something that would differentiate between the different digital modes.

Thank You and 73's,

Alan
wz6f
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 09:07:06 PM »

Have heard "rumors" that MixW 3.0 version may do this.  It is in beta testing now, no release date yet.  Also check out Ham Radio Deluxe, that may be the next competitor to MixW.  Ham Radio Deluxe: http://www.kns.ch/sysgem/hb9drv/HamRadioDeluxe.htm
Guess the best way if you have MixW or other soundcard software, keep the rig off and try the different modes and listen to what they sound like on your speakers when you press the TX button, with a litte listening, you can determine what mode it is by the sound.
WZ6F

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 01:10:07 AM »

Thank for the ideas. I am bad with the audio portion; that is listening to figure out what type of digital mode it is. The exception, of course, is CW, RTTY and maybe PSK once I hear it again. Consequently, I hope to try out the program you mentioned.

73's,

Alan
wz6f
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 01:20:50 AM »

For the older modes (Amtor, Pactor, RTTY, ASCII etc), the PK-232 has SIAM mode, which tells you which mode it's tuned to.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: