Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with transmit on a Yaesu VX-1R  (Read 320 times)
WS5J

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »

I have a VX-1R that seems to be locked out of transmit. (just got the radio today) I have done a hard and a soft reset and the radio still will not transmit. I am sure this is something simple, but I cannot find the answer in the manual. I have the frequency set along with the tone and repeater settings set correctly. When I try to transmit the radio just emits two beeps and will not transmit. I have the receiver frequency set correctly because I can hear my friends talking. I just get the beeps and nothing out when I try to transmit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance - Gary KE5QAR
K6RMR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

Are you in the 2 meter or 70 CM ham Band. it sounds to
me like you are out of the Ham Bands with the beep sound.
KQ6Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 09:19:16 AM »

You might have the repeater offsets wrong - you could be receiving on say 449.78, but if the offset is set to Plus, you'd be attempting to transmit on 454.78, which would be out of band. on both 2m and 440, some repeater pairs have + offsets, and some have - offsets. You have to choose the correct one for the particular repeater. Let us know when you have it right. If you need help, have one of your friends look over your settings for you....

Fred, KQ6Q
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: