Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to demodulate SSB on my PC ?  (Read 974 times)
YUL

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2004, 04:04:51 PM »

Hello,

this is my first post and would like to know if it is possible to use my PC to descramble SSB signals coming from my radio.

I am cery well equipped regarding my pC and have very good audio software.

<Please let me know of the procedure of possible.

Thanks in advance

Yan
KG4HLZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 01:24:23 AM »

I know that this is an old post but you have my curiosity up. Are you using an AM receiver for SSB?

It might be possible to run the audio through a specialized DSP program. The big question is "Is all of the information still there?" I think that the answer would be yes. Dose anyone else have a call on this?

Bruce
KG4HLZ
W2PMX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 10:25:13 AM »

It would be like running a kilowatt to talk to your next-door neighbor, Bruce.  The information is there, but a simple BFO would do the job almost as well and be a whole lot simpler - assuming there isn't already one in the receiver, which would make it just a matter of Yan's learning how to use it.  Just a slightly tunable 455 KHz (or whatever the IF is) oscillator would do the job.

Of course the DSP would be able to decode the audio properly regardless of tuning or drifting, but I wouldn't want to be the one writing the firmware - I have enough pains already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: