Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PC software with ONE window?  (Read 2027 times)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2004, 09:41:24 PM »

I assure you that Windows poses no impediment to building a one-window application, Mike.

Since no one seems inclined to develop one for you, perhaps you should develop it yourself.

Dave, AA6YQ
K5PU

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 09:35:10 AM »

Given some of the assumptions I've made concerning Windows (that you have corrected) it should be obvious to you I am not a programmer.

So I hope I'm mistaken when I intrepret your comment(s) of "perhaps you should develop it yourself" as being rather snide. You know, actually prefaced with a 'If you're so smart...'.

As popular as DXLabs suite seems to be you have every right to be proud of your hard won accomplishment. Again, what my personal preferences are regarding a more 'unified' user interface should absolutely not be construed as being critical of YOUR work.

Doesn't mean I can't hope/wish for a 'single window suite' nor do I think I should I be taken to task for preferring it over 'a new window for everything' approach.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 01:11:24 PM »

"Snide" was not my intent; apologies if my response seemed that way.

I was attempting to offer a constructive suggestion for dealing with your expressed annoyance that available software doesn't behave the way you want. If you can pass an amateur radio exam, you can learn to program. The last time I checked, the entry-level version of Microsoft Visual Basic cost $99; Borland's Delphi is another nice development environment, though I do worry about Borland's long-term prospects. There are plenty of free online tutorials and help sites. I will be glad to answer any questions you might have along the way.

Give it a try, Mike; you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish!

Dave, AA6YQ

K5PU

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2004, 10:17:40 AM »

OK, an apology is in order then. Sorry... sometimes it's hard to accurately decipher someones meaning in a short post.  

As far as doing it myself I'm sure I could (at least eventually). I was once quite skilled in assembly & Fortran. While I'm certainly not current at least the 'art of programming' isn't an new and/or alien concept to me.

If I did it I'd would want to approach it at a lower level than what VB (etc.) would provide. If for no other reason than to avoid the canned, generic windows look/feel (bleah Wink

Problem is, I just don't have the time/inclination to undertake such a long term project (starting with learning C++, etc.).
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2004, 01:22:18 AM »

Ham Radio Deluxe. It is free and a great program for most rigs. Go to: http://www.ham-radio.ch/forums
Frank
KL7IPV
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: