Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logger suggestions wanted  (Read 877 times)
KD7EVS

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2003, 07:47:33 PM »

I know there is alot of info on loggers floating around. But I have a few issues with some of the programs and I'm looking for help finding the software that is best suited for me.

I want something that actually runs in windows and something that I can use for everyday logging as well as contests. And something that if I travel I can easily comeback and enter in contacts after the fact.
Also being able to print logs for paper backup would be great. Also coverage of ALL the bands.

Now that's my only requests.  I'm tired of seeing a site claiming that their software does all this then downloading it and it wanting to run in a dos window, with no mouse support and just not everything it said it'd be.

At this point I'd even love source code of something close that I could modify. Right now I don't have the time to write a program from scratch.  but If I don't find anything I guess I'll have to when spring gets here.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. freeware would be nice, but I may be to picky for freeware. Thanks for reading!

kd7evs
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 09:01:36 PM »

Don't know if it suits you needs, is free software, runs on Windows called Logger: http://www.qsl.net/kc4elo/
And supports Zakanaka which will run some sound card modes, PSK31 etc.   Logger 32 was supposed to be out last
December but have not seen the release yet.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 02:34:50 AM »

Take a look at DXLab -- its free, and available via www.qsl.net/dxlab . Its a suite of interoperating applications; you can start with any one you like and add them in what ever order you like. Supported functionality includes transceiver control, PSK31, RTTY, comprehensive logging, QSL card generation, rotator control, spot collection, propagation prediction, and beacon monitoring.

DXLab's applications interoperate via DDE and the interfaces are public. Logs are managed using Microsoft's Jet database engine. Thus DXLab is extensible in several dimensions.

Dave, AA6YQ
KD7EVS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 05:40:09 PM »

Yah I think I had tried to download DXlab once but the site was down.   your post reminded me of it and I'm testing it out. seems to meet the majority of my picky needs.  thanks for reminding me of that software.
KB8UUZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 09:48:03 PM »

Check Out:
http://www.n3fjp.com/index.html
Scott has a general logging program that works in windows (not DOS) and has some very nice features. PLUS he has some REAL nice contest programs. His price is really cheap considering what you get. You can get a deal where you can get ALL of his programs for way less than what most commercial programs cost. And, he keeps them up to date & they all transfer info into the main logging program real easily.  Have fun. Tom - KB8UUZ
WA7CC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 05:45:53 PM »

I use xmlog 'cus it's free and it does everything I want.  I'm not a contester.

www.xmlog.com
EI6IL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 10:19:39 PM »

Downloaded Logger 32 in the last few days, so far its looking very good. All that I need and its freeware.
W0RY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 06:51:11 PM »

You are welcome to try my Freeware program "RYLogit".

http://rylogit.w0ry.net

Bob
K7JNX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 09:10:58 PM »

> DXLab's applications interoperate via DDE and the
> interfaces are public. Logs are managed using
> Microsoft's Jet database engine. Thus DXLab is
> extensible in several dimensions.

Dave,

Where can one find the public documentation of the DDE interfaces to the DXLab applications??

Regards,
  Howard
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2004, 01:47:05 AM »

The most commonly-used DXLab DDE interfaces are documented in the application DXLabTest, which illustrates their use. The source code for this application is available via www.qsl.net/dxlab/DXLabTest105.zip .

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Dave, AA6YQ
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 01:47:38 AM »

The most commonly-used DXLab DDE interfaces are documented in the application DXLabTest, which illustrates their use. The source code for this application is available via www.qsl.net/dxlab/DXLabTest105.zip .

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Dave, AA6YQ
WB2TPS

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004, 08:54:46 PM »

I use Logic for daily logging and N1MM for contesting.  In my opinion there is no daily logger that satisfies contest contest logging requirements and no daily logger that is useful for contesting.
At the end of a contest I import the contest log into the daily logger and maintain one one logger for all QSO's.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: