Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom RS-746 Software  (Read 4994 times)
VK3EBN

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2004, 03:53:10 AM »

Hi everyone. I recently returned to ham radio after an absence of almost 20 years, and purchased an Icom IC-746 as my 'entry level' transceiver. After using it for a few months now, I think it is likely to remain in my shack, as it has all the features (and then some) that I can usefully employ.
This week I contacted Icom to check the price of the RS-746 software for the rig, only to discover that it has been discontinued & is no longer available.
Does anyone have a copy of this program that they would be prepared to let me have? I am happy to reimburse them for the cost of same (I don't expect anything for nothing, hi hi) as it's the obtaining of it that's really the problem.
Thanks in anticipation of your help.

73 de VK3EBN
Laurie

SP5QIP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 08:31:03 AM »

Try here:
http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=rs746.zip&lr=

Mike
VK3EBN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 10:40:03 PM »

Thanks Mike. I really appreciate your help in obtaining a copy of the discontinued 746 software.
Regards,

Laurie
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 01:29:10 AM »

You might want to give DXLab a try, starting with its Commander transceiver control application. DXLab is entirely free, and available via www.qsl.net/dxlab .

Dave, AA6YQ
VK3EBN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 05:57:05 AM »

Hello Dave & thanks for the tip. I have downloaded the DXLab Suite & will install it this evening to try the various programs out.
The generosity of hams never ceases to amaze me & I in turn, never cease to enjoy telling people just how much comaraderie exists within our hobby.
73, Laurie
W0RY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 11:16:43 AM »

You are certainly welcome to try my FREE software that I have written for the IC-756 PRO.

http://software.w0ry.net

73,  Bob
LW7DDR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 09:15:54 PM »

Hi:  I have a original software of this rig, if you
sent me your e-mail address I can help you free.
Best regards
Contact me in ninofreire@arnet.com.ar

AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 05:36:32 AM »

All of your web pages flash some information, and then replace it with a white screen. By inspecting the HTML source, I was able to determine that

http://home.bresnan.net/~vbob/rigcontrol.htm

is the actual content.

Dave, AA6YQ
W0RY

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 09:26:27 PM »

Sorry to hear of the troubles getting to my web pages.   Perhaps you caught my domain name server having some kind of a problem or bresnan itself was having a problem with their servers.

Hundreds of viewers have been to these pages lately and you are the only one that has reported a problem.

What are you using for a web browser?

Let me know if it still happens.

Tnx & 73,  Bob   http://software.w0ry.net
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 03:44:31 AM »

Its as broken at this moment as it was the first time I tried it. I am using Internet Explorer 5.5 on Windows 2000. I've viewed thousands of different web pages with it, and yours is the only one that behaves in this way.

Dave, AA6YQ
W0RY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 11:35:59 PM »

Dave,

I am using URL forwarding from my domain "w0ry.net".

I am suspecting your Browser is not set to handle Frames.

If you have another PC to try it on (perhaps a neighbor or call someone you know to try it).

My friend in San Jose is using Win 2000 and can view all my pages. Others all over the world using various operating systems (Win95, 98, 98SE, ME, XP) have no problem with the pages.

73,  Bob
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 01:50:35 AM »

You'll find that most users appreciate a more pro-active response than "it works for everyone else, so it must be your problem".

My browser (IE 5.5) correctly renders frames. If it didn't, the <noframes> arm of the <frameset> would be displayed -- not a blank screen.

When it processes your site's HTML, my browser displays http://home.bresnan.net/~vbob/myprograms.htm, and then immediately clears the screen. This is being caused by "Name Registration" line in your HTML.

When I create a modified version of your HTML without this line, your site is rendered correctly. While I don't understand the purpose of this line, it appears to be legal HTML; therefore, I suspect the rendering problem lies in IE 5.5. Since I am likely not the only user of this version, you might consider removing the offending line from your site.

Dave, AA6YQ
KG5I

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2004, 12:01:48 PM »

Hello,
I just picked up a used 746 and would greatly appreciate the remote control software if you still have it available.

Thanks,
Larry Savage, KG5I
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: