Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Software for scanning web site ads, using key word  (Read 439 times)
K1PEK

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2010, 03:35:29 PM »

Hi, I know there is a software, or a web site, that you can utilize to scan various web sites like ham ads, tech articles, etc.  You input the key word(s) and ur email address, it notifies you.  Can anybody tell me what this is called and how I can go about utilizing it??   Much tnx,  Steve  K1PEK
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:31:44 AM »

It sounds like you are thinking of google alerts:

http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en

Just remember to enclose a phrase in quotes such as
"ham radio". If you don't you'll get notices on everything it finds about "ham" or about "radio" Smiley

Dimitri
K1PEK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 03:44:19 PM »

Demetri,

Tnx very much for this info.  I will pursue.  There was another service I heard of a while back, just can't remember, but I am sure this will do what I need. The one I heard of works for Craig's List and other sites that are set up such that an outside service is able to scan.

Any other contributors are welcome.

Tnx again, very much,  73,  Steve   K1PEK
K1PEK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »

Dimitri,   Hi,  actually Google Alert is not what I need.  There is some service that will search a web site that you specify, and will report back to you if the key word you specified is found.   In my case, for example, I'd like to have Craigs List searched for "ham radio".   I will repost this inquiry with hopefully a better Subject.   Tnx again for your help,  Steve  K1PEK
AD7C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 07:26:14 AM »

http://www.searchtempest.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: