Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i hate ebay and paypal  (Read 1252 times)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »

hi,

The buyer could have had a problem with his account,
your Ebay history may not be the reason the transaction
was flagged.  about 5% of all ebay transactions are
flagged like yours was.

If funds are frozen after a sale, PayPal will release them after the buyer leaves positive feedback, three days after the item's confirmed delivery, or at the end of 21 days without a dispute,
*** whichever happens first. ***

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/08/smbusiness/paypal_funds_freeze.fsb/index.htm

There will always be bad sellers and buyers on any venue, ebay, eham or the hamfests.

73 james

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 06:20:54 PM »

Jim, how can there be a bad buyer? If the person in question pays for the merchandise, that in itself doesn't make him a bad buyer. However, when funds are held for no other reason than the specific buyer has complained about being screwed previously, that is nothing more than profiling! And, it is something PayPal has been severely criticized for in the press, numerous times. The real reason is somewhat more nefarious.

The amount of cash flow through PayPal numbers in the millions per day. If they withhold even 10% of that for 20 days (the average time according to their own web site), the amount of money they make on those withheld funds, numbers in the hundreds of thousands. This is the exact reason the fed has been looking into their practices. Let's just hope they get their comeup'ngs!

K5END

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 12:07:55 PM »

I hate them myself.  I hate anything that gets me by the short hairs and does not let me do anything to mitigate the situation.  How on earth did you get a phone number to talk to someone?  I feel that they purposely make it very difficult to communicate with the anyone.  Then if/when they outsource the effort to India or the Philapines it will make it even more difficult.  Those pinheads do not speak the same English as I do.  I hate 'em

Believe it or not there is an option to call them on the phone. I think it starts in the help menu or "contact us." Then a window pops up with a number, a login password and an expiration time.

The accent of the first operator I spoke with at ebay sounded like she grew up in Ohio or West Virginia--maybe Indiana but probably not Michigan. The escalated person ("supervisor") had hints of a Phillippine accent.

The call to paypal sounded like India, but I don't know those accents well enough to rule out sourrounding areas like Burma or Pakistan.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:48:49 PM by K5END » Logged
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »

hi,
The buyer could have had a problem with his account,
your Ebay history may not be the reason the transaction
was flagged.  about 5% of all ebay transactions are
flagged like yours was.
If funds are frozen after a sale, PayPal will release them after the buyer leaves positive feedback, three days after the item's confirmed delivery, or at the end of 21 days without a dispute,
*** whichever happens first. ***
http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/08/smbusiness/paypal_funds_freeze.fsb/index.htm
There will always be bad sellers and buyers on any venue, ebay, eham or the hamfests.
73 james

The odd thing is that none of what you listed existed in my case. Eventually the ebay "supervisor" told me that some of them are random.

Even more interesting is that after I griped at them, they released the funds, which happened BEFORE the positive feedback and before the 3-day-after-delivery-confirmation condition.

So not only are their policies defined or applied poorly, neither are they enforced uniformly.

KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 05:30:13 PM »

hi,

The $999 transaction amount could have been
out of the normal amounts the buyer has
been spending, that could flag it as suspicious.

'Random' sounds like a software problem.
This happens now and then on the Ebay system
and they have had to back out software changes.

I've never had any funds held up, I did have my
bank account flagged as closed but they cleared
that up in one day after I faxed them the current
statement that showed all the money that paypal
sent to my account !

I use a dedicated savings account at the credit union
for all paypal transactions, never a checking account.

73 james
N2LWE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 07:36:24 PM »

Heres another example of getting screwed on ebay. I know of someone who sold a cell phone on ebay and the buyer and seller agreed to meet so the buyer could save on the shipping costs since they weren't far from eachother. The seller tells the buyer as soon as he sees the money in his paypal account he'll call him to meet. The seller sees the money in paypal and contacts the buyer. He delivers the cellphone but meets the buyer on a corner as the buyer is guiding him on the phone giving him directions. The transaction is done and the seller goes home and goes to his paypal account and sees his account is frozen. He contacts paypal and they tell him the buyer says he never received the cellphone. So while the buyer disputes (wanting his money back) the sellers account is frozen. That blows.
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »

Yup, EBay and Paypal is  a organization thats protecting crooks.

I have a few  examples of clear fraud and Ebay and Paypal have always taken  the side of the  big seller. I have a 100% feedback with almost 300 sales.

I bought a clearly stated "ORIGINAL MANUAL" I receive a xerox copy of the manual. I got into whole argument with Ebay and Paypal on what original means. They said its okay to sell a xerox copy as an original manual! I mean what is the english language definition of "original" This is clear fraud. I closed both my Paypal and Ebay accounts.  What annoyed me was that I asked if i ordered a book and received a xerox copy if that was fraud, they said YES. I said why is a photocopy of manual different? I did not get a reply.

What makes this episode a joke is that if the seller users sneaky legal language Ebay agrees with this sneaky approach not what is considered to be the right thing in common english. I spoke to a consumer law center whose answer was simply that it was deceptive conduct by the seller, Ebay and Paypal who should have refunded my money. If the case was heard in a consumer court I would have won.

What annoys me is that they pretend on to be on the side of consumers. Their customer help departments cant be reached, or you get automated  canned robotic emails on how they helping you. Truly pathetic.

There are many web pages  on Google dedicated to Ebay and Paypals support for crooks.   Ebay needs someone like Judge Judy  to settle their cases, because they way Ebay and Paypal are going they are legitimizing crooks and scam merchants.

Apparently  they can get away with because their end user agreements ALWAYS puts them in the right. Even people in communists China have more rights after you sign a Ebay or Paypal end user agreement. Its so powerful that you sign away your "free speech" rights and many common law rights.

Ebays CEO is the darling of the corporate world. For every sucker like me that  has been robbed there 1000 to take my place. Ebay/PAYPAL and its CEO knows how to milk a lot of stupid people. Its okay they paying their shareholders, tough luck to those who are robbed!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: