Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best logging program for a netbook?  (Read 672 times)
AE4RV

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:55:31 AM »

What's your favorite logging program - preferably one well suited for the limited vertical resolution of a small laptop? (1024x600 pixels).

Free is preferred but not a requirement. I mostly operate casually but want something that is useful for contesting as well, particularly casual sprints.

Currently using DX KEEPER but it loves vertical resolution and seems a bit cumbersome. I don't think it would like the short screen of my netbook.
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:56:42 AM »

OS is Windows XP, btw.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:59:45 PM »

I ran DXKeeper and the rest of the DXLab Suite for years on a 1024 x 768 screen.

DXKeeper's Main window can be reduced to 700x 400 pixels, and still display your last 5 QSOs. The Capture window, which is what most ops use when logging new QSOs, can be reduced in size to 400 x 200 pixels.

Let me know if you need help with this; my email address is available via QRZ.com

Dave, AA6YQ
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 05:16:53 AM »

Thanks, I'll look in to that. I think I will switch to GenLog for contesting though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: