Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will RS get its act together?  (Read 1043 times)
VA3DXV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 11:50:46 AM »

'But RS says "you have questions, we have answers."'

I thought it was "you have questions, we have blank stares"

R.S. up here was bought out by Circuit City and renamed to "The Source" a number of years back, as a way for Circuit City to get into the Canadian market (worked out well, they sold all the stores to Bell Canada about a year ago).

Even as early as maybe 10 years before that happened, I rarely found anyone working there who knew more about an item than what was written in their catalog, and if you ask about a specific type of cable or connector you'll be led to a completely wrong product 98% of the time, and when you clarify what you want you'll get "ohh we dont have those"... or "never heard of it" ...meanwhile 20 additional seconds of looking leads you to exactly what you want at 300% more than what it's really worth.

I won't even buy a battery there anymore.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:56:22 AM by Brian » Logged
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 01:18:15 PM »

Wallmart has batteries.  When I need some, I just buy them while I'm grocery shopping there.

Now there is a great place to ask questions.  :-)

Is this bag of potting soil better than this other one?  Blank stare.  That's my blank stare as I look around for someone to ask.

If cow manure is safe to use HOT, is this bag of Steer manure safe to use HOT?

Bob
WY3X

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 07:25:25 PM »

Radio shack is hitting on about 1 out of 8 cylinders. I find what I'm looking for about 1 out of 8 visits. The employees they hire are salespeople and nothing more. They don't hire their employees based on knowledge of any products other than cell phones and Dish Network programming. I wish they would stick their 5 minute telephone answering sales spiel where the sun don't shine! "You have questions, we have, errr... cell phones and satellite dishes! I think! They really should change their name, but "The Shack" doesn't fit them. It should be changed to "The CellSat Shack" because that's about all you can find in there. Well- to be truthful, 1/4 of the store is filled with childrens toys for parents to buy while they're waiting on their new cell phone to be programmed. I've found a phone call to Mouser or DigiKey to be much more helpful. Also the folks at Marlin P. Jones have some good stuff. And AllTronics has some pretty cool stuff too!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: