Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC "POWERLESS"?  (Read 1579 times)
NO6L

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 05:29:23 PM »

by WB0MCO on January 11, 2010
"You really should avoid 14.275 and smoke some pot. It will lower your blood pressure. That will allow you to live long and prosper."

Wrong, it will allow you to ignore anything important in life and sit on your butt for an indefinite period of time.

As for blood pressure, just relaxing with a book and/or music will do that. They're cheaper, legal and don't rot your brain in the end.

And yes, it rots your brain, every one I know that's been using it for an extended length of time is an idiot, and one is what you might call a catatonic moron.

I want no part of it.
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 02:07:05 AM »

K5END asks: "Does material have to fit the definition of "obscene" to be objectionable?"

No.

But there are exact definitions about what constitutes a violation. I think FCC uses the word obscene in a certain legal way for that. Unless something fits that definition, FCC can't do anything. Freedom of speech and all that.

IOW, just because it's objectionable doesn't make it illegal.

K5END: "Again, enough complaints and letters may get something done."

Only if the complaints point to something that's definitely against the rules. Sitting on a frequency for a long time, in and of itself, isn't against the rules. Having a big signal isn't against the rules.

Broadcasting, meaning one way transmissions meant for the general public, *is* against the rules.

Complaints alone are not enough, FCC needs recordings. Cassette tapes clearly marked with time/date/frequency are preferred.

K5END: "What comprises "enough," I can not guess."

K1MAN's license expired years ago. As I understand it, he applied for renewal and FCC is considering the case. Under the rules, if you apply for renewal before a license expires you can keep operating until FCC decides what to do.

IOW what FCC is doing is giving him enough rope.

73 de Jim, N2EY
N0JEF

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 06:21:37 PM »

haha  Hams will argue about ANYTHING.  lol
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: