Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is QRZ email address  (Read 1090 times)
K7NHB

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »

Yesterday I was listening to AA1KS on 20M. Because of fade it took me 45 minutes to get his call. "....This is AA1 [fade], I am on [fade] Island off of Maine." At one time I head him say "Bull, as in Bullwinkle" and thought it might be Bull Island.

So wanted to email him and find out what Island or better yet, what lat/long he was operating from. When I QRZ.com'd him I saw his Maine address and no option for email. In the pasted you'd click a link and it would come up as graphic so spambots couldn't get it. But didn't see that option.

So I checked my call. No way to get my email address there either. I checked my profile and my public email address is part of the profile.

Now at 63 years old, the world is new for me each week. So maybe it was just a fig newton of my imagination that the email address used to be available.

Of course the actual goal is to find out the lat/long of AA1KS's operation location yesterday (Sat, 1/10/10). But did QRZ.com move the email address, or discontinue that option?

Thank you and 73,
Paul
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »

You need to log in to view it.  When you do log in, you can see the e-mail address by putting the cursor over the line appearing just below "Lookups."
K7NHB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:31:22 PM »

Thank you - now I see it (for my call - AA1KS apparently hasn't posted one).

I must not have been logged in when I looked before.
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: