Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cw type keying  (Read 445 times)
KJ2S

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2004, 10:38:09 AM »

Hi Folks,
I down loaded cw type and can not get it to work. I am trying to use it with the simple hook up shown with the down load and just use dtr line from com port #1 on the 9 pin port at the computer. the rig will key up with out ptt line. I have looked at the config file and do not understand it .Iam not gud at this sort of stuff. rig is a Icon-718 .Has anyone hooked up this combo and could help me out ??
            Tnxs Dick KJ2S
K9FV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 08:01:17 AM »

Did you use a transistor or optoisolator circuit in the line from pin #4 on the 9 pin serial plug?

A bit more info on the circuit would be helpful.

Ken
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 01:49:07 PM »

I use the CWType program and I built the interface "dead bug" style directly on the back of a DB9 plug using the diagram that comes with the program called CWTYPE.GIF.

I left off the entire bottom half (the part that comes from the RTS line and goes to the PTT+ and Ground) and it works perfectly with my Icom 756 Pro so I am pretty confident it will work with your Icom as well.

de Scott NØIU
KJ2S

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 07:39:40 AM »

Hi Scott,
I finally got the program working .I had a problem with the config part and had to change the com port and program control . Got the correct info from another ham and It works ok now. Thanks for the info and your interest. Hope to meet u on the air .Best 73's
                  TU de kj2s Dick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: