Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Itronix Laptop  (Read 467 times)
KC0KBH

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2004, 08:03:53 PM »

Does anyone own an Itronix XC 6250 laptop?  I am interested in how many there are out there?  I am also curious about the Wireless feature, since I just bought one.
N5GDW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 11:07:34 AM »

There's a good pool of XC6250's in the market, but mostly in commercial service.  There are high end rugged laptops only businesses can typically afford.  The XC6250's typically have CSC (circuit switched cellular/ CDPD) analog) radios from Sierra Wireless, or possibly ARDIS.  It's going to be obsolete in most instances.  The units I have include 2 type II PC Card slots so you can add a current GPRS or 1xrtt PC Card radio.  The units I have came with Win98 and a Cyrix 266MHz processor.
W7DJM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 11:50:27 AM »

A recent news story here (at least some of them are made in Spokane)  caused me to  do a little "curiosity search" on ebay, an lo and behold, there are a few for sale.

These things are supposed to be the top of the heap for ruggedness, but they sure are big!!!
WB2HMG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 09:23:20 AM »

The internal radio modem may also be by RIM (Research in Motion - the folks that brought you the Blackberry) and probably for the 900MHz. data-only wireless network currently owned by Cingular Wireless.  This network has nothing at all to do with Cingular's cellular network.  Previously, this network was known as Bellsouth Wireless Data and Ram Mobile Data before that.

W2FAL, X-WB2HMG
WB2HMG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 09:23:26 AM »

The internal radio modem may also be by RIM (Research in Motion - the folks that brought you the Blackberry) and probably for the 900MHz. data-only wireless network currently owned by Cingular Wireless.  This network has nothing at all to do with Cingular's cellular network.  Previously, this network was known as Bellsouth Wireless Data and Ram Mobile Data before that.

W2FAL, X-WB2HMG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: