Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LoTW and Ham Radio Deluxe question  (Read 652 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2010, 10:42:34 AM »

I have received a couple of QSLs via LoTW.

How do I get the QSL to show on the DXCC award totals on HRD? Only "confirms" get totaled. Not verified. But what is "verified" and what is the difference between confirmed and verified. I have some QSL cards and some via LoTW. How to I get the LoTW to come up under the totals foe the DXCC count?

Also, I have 3 colored boxes. R is green for requesting. C is yellow for confirmed. W is red for what?

Thanks.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:10:06 AM »

I use a different logging program, but I'm pretty sure "W" indicates an entity worked (but not yet confirmed by card or LoTW), and "verified" means that a QSL has been verified at the DXCC Desk , thus included in your totals credited by ARRL.

Chuck  NI0C
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »

Got it. I will unverify those.

I have gotten a couple QSL cards that were stamped as verified by the opposing operator. What does it mean when they stampt their own card?
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »

Stamped "Verified By" by the DX station means they verified that your in their logbook. That stamp has nothing to do with LOTW verification. Also I use DX Lab Suite and it has "W" for worked, "S" for submitted to ARRL and "V" verified by ARRL for credit for paper QSLs and "R" for request (or sent to), "Y" for Received (or QSL matched) and "V" verified for Verified by (or credit bought) for LOTW.

Remember that just because you have a QSL match in LOTW, you can't count the QSL for awards until you 'buy' it from LOTW using their credits (which you have to purchase). Ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »

Award tracking in HRD still needs a lot of work.  Below is an excerpt taken from HRD's to-do list shown on their website.  Fix #3 will address the problem that you're seeing.

Logbook    
Awards & Contests

* Awards tracking requires a lot more work including user defined award checking.
    * Award tracking contest templates to be added.
    * Add option to display QSL, EQSL or LOTW confirmed awards or combinations of the three types
    * Add customisable headers and footers to printouts
    * Add customisable print layout
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »

I saw that they had "to do" lists for awards. I have to admit, that this program is kick-ass for being a beta.
K9NW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 06:19:18 AM »

>Stamped "Verified By" by the DX station means they verified that your in their logbook.

Just a note regarding the "verified" stamp.  As you progress in your DXing activities you will start to receive more and more cards.  Lots of ops/QSL managers will stamp the card as you've noted, or sign it, etc.  Others don't.  The cards are still valid.  There is no requirement for stamping or signing a QSL.  Sometimes there is confusion on this matter since so many do the stamp or signature.

Happy DXing (and QSLing!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: