Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orlando Hamfest  (Read 1655 times)
AJ4VS

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:12:46 PM »

The Orlando Hamfest is coming up in February.  From what I hear, this is one of the biggies.

I want to FINALLY make it up there this year (i'm in South FL).  The fest is from Friday-Sunday.

However, so far it seems like i would only be able to make it for Saturday.  Has anyone that has gone before tell me; is it worth the trip if I could only attend Saturday?
W4LWZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 02:03:58 PM »

Yes, it is definitely worth the trip. I have been going for the past 5 or 6 years from SW Florida.  Its tough to see it all in one day, so I recommend that you get there early.
WA4UF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 07:28:28 AM »

Weather was our big enemy this year.  Friday was hideous with cold and rain.  Saturday it didn't rain, but it was cold and windy until midafternoon.  Crowds looked to be down compared to last year; folks I talked to chalked it up to a combination of the economy and the weather.  For those who did show up, there were deals to be had.  There were amazing quantities of Kenwood HF rigs available for fairly good prices, and even the Collins A-line units I saw were priced fairly nicely.  Hopefully next year's weather'll be nicer.
WA3YAY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 06:33:26 PM »

I ran down there every year for the past ten or so. Missed this year. Shame it was a cold rainy day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: