Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CWTYP130 and the IC-706MkII  (Read 512 times)
G4KSG

Ignore
« on: December 07, 2004, 08:09:42 AM »

Can anyone who has connected their computer to their 706 in order to try this program please advise the interconnections required as I want to be certain of what is right before I do it. Many thanks.

73, Bob
KB7YOU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 06:07:06 PM »

Hi,

I used a simple transistor switch connected between my serial port and the keyer jack. Worked just fine. Be sure to set the 706 to straight key mode and everything should work just fine. If you don't want to build your own interface or already have one that should also work fine. In addition to my homebrew interfaces I have a Rigblaster Pro and it works great.

Chris
KB7YOU
AA4FX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 02:10:48 PM »

See Reviews Summary for Donner's Digital Interfaces on eham.net

I use the CW hard keying interface to a TS 930S.  This is a very generic solution for running CW Type on a PC to key a rig (the PC and CW Type performs the function of a keyer).  This solution provides optical isolation which was important to me.  Check it out yourself.

http://home.att.net/~n8st/cwhardkey.html

"You will need to have a computer with a free DB9 serial port, and a rig with a 3.5mm mono phone plug for keying (or you can purchase adapters from Radio Shack). You'll also need software which can be downloaded from the web for free or as shareware which makes provision for keying via serial port.

NOTE: This interface is strictly for keying CW or FSK RTTY via serial port to radio.  It does not receive signals. You can still receive CW or FSK RTTY signals using your standard; all mode digital interface, or purchase a receive only interface.   If the only thing you wish to do is send CW using your computer and the proper software, then this is all you need."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: