Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2500M not changing frequency or memory groups  (Read 513 times)
KC5MO

Ignore
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:09:16 AM »

Hey all,
 I have a 2500M and it started acting strange with the rotary "channel" select was skipping when trying to dial in a frequency. Now it won't change at all except it will change one diget when turning the know when fist powering up. I can't find the schematic so any help would be great.

Thanks  
Herb  KC5MO
KB9JXZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:05:51 PM »

I typed in " yaesu ft 2500m schematic " in yahoo search and I got this third on list on list.
http://www.radioamateur.eu/schemi/FT2500M_sch.pdf
 second on list gave a lot of models.

Hope this helps.

Mike Froehlich - KB9JXZ
KB9JXZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:28:31 PM »

A second thought...I have seen many rotary dials that are the cheap clicker units..(which after a proof read this one is)there is usually a common post and then two connections ..one for clicks clockwise and one for ccw.

Looks like page 2 of the PDF ,S-3004 on the disp unit. If you can a jumper wire of some sort hit at the correct contacts, it will tell you if its the knob or the ic chip.  Or better yet if its easier ...on J-3001 if you hit either pin 2 or 3 to ground and the radio steps up or down....it's the knob, if not most likely it's not worth it.

Or you can get at it at J-2005  pin 2 and 3 on the CTNL_UNIT

Does the microphone buttons operate the channel/vfo function ?

KC5MO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 03:25:58 AM »

Thanks for the replies!
 I changed out the rotary switch and it still has the problem. I also used the up/down on the mic and it works fine on the down button, but the up is very odd. It will work fine for one or two button presses then it will start jumping several digits. Example, I have the radio on 146.50 and I want 146.52, press the up button and it will go to 146.505...press it again and it might go to 146.750 or 146.595. I think the IC lost it mind. I have also found the same results when I press the function button which really puzzled me.

Herb  KC5MO
KC5MO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 04:19:51 AM »

A little DeoxIT on the buttons and they are working, but the rotary switch is still dead. Now I can work work with the schematic and see what I can do.

Herb  KC5MO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: