Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeasu CAT Software ?  (Read 715 times)
W1TFM

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2003, 08:30:28 PM »

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
I have a Yeasu FT-900. I have the FIF-232C box.
Could someone tell me what kind or type of software is used for the FT-900CAT ?
Thank you.
73 and Good Health.
W1TFM
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 09:11:54 PM »

Take a look at: http://www.qsl.net/civ_commander/
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 03:12:04 AM »

Commander will indeed control your FT-900. Its part of the larger DXLab suite of freeware applications that can be run individually, but when run simultaneously sense each other's presence and interoperate automatically.

After you've gotten comfortable with Commander, take a look at www.qsl.net/dxlab -- you'll find support for logging, DX spot collection, propagation forecasting and monitoring, a world map display that shows the solar terminator and beam headings and can control your rotator, soundcard digital modes (PSK31, PSK63, RTTY), and QSL route discovery. All of these applications are free.

Dave, AA6YQ
PH1PH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 09:28:40 AM »

Try Ham Radio Deluxe - not only a FREEWARE CAT program, but with a log program, PSK31 Deluxe, Mapping, sat tracking and all the bells and whistles you'll ever need.

http://hrd.ham-radio.ch

145, Pete  PH1PH - G7ECN
KC0NZM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 04:44:04 PM »

I downloaded the CI-V Commander sometime ago but for whatever reason my PC could not successfully define a com port. After some more searching on the web I ran into the beta version of 4.9.0 and the upgrade must have solved the problem.  I run XP and was at last able to get the app to see the Icom R9000.  I was elated and have spent many hours already looking at the help files and learning the ropes.

I have two questions if anyone should care to venture an answer.  

The R9000 default baud rate is 1200 although you can choose up to 9600 on the radio. When I do and also set the CI-V software to 9600, I lose connection to the radio.

Second question, I understand I can import frequency databases to CI-V.  I found one an Excel database called Easytuner.xls which is supposed to interface with CI-V. However, it errors out and I get a "runtime error '75': path/file access error. When I click debug I am told that "Open Comp$ For Output As 1" should read "Open Comp$ = "com1" For Output As 1". I make the change as suggested but no luck. Any ideas??  Help is greatly appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

73's Dale
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 01:08:46 AM »

I just now saw your post, Dale.

Regarding the loss of connectivity at 9600 baud, I suggest first trying 2400, and then 4800 baud; does your radio work correctly at these speeds?

You are changing the Commander speed setting, right?

Dave, AA6YQ
KC0NZM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

Hello Dave,
Kind of late in replying as you responded to my post on 12/6 so..sorry for the delay. But to answer your question, I did try different baud rates on the radio and made the corresponding setting in the software with no luck. I'll just be content with 1200 as it works fine.

On the Easytuner sheet error, I was the culprit :-) After I clicked "initialize" the sheet works perfectly and talks to the radio like a dream! It is a great sheet!

Thanks for your interest and feedback, Dave.
73's
Dale
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: