The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM 706MK2G & HAM RADIO DELUXE - REMOTE STATION  (Read 8884 times)
VA3API

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »

Has any used Ham Radio Deluxe with an Icom 706MK2G on HF.  I am trying to build a complete remote station that I can use when I am away via the internet.  Also how are people tuning their radios do I need to be set up with the auto tuner then?
KZ1X

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 11:25:13 AM »

Have you considered the Omni 7?

No PC required to run the remote station.  All you need is an internet connection.  The rig plugs directly into the broadband.
WG8Z

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »

I use a AH-4 autotuner connected to my 706mk2-g
feeding 450 windowline to a 135' doublet.
Works FB with HRD 6m thru 80m.
K9WI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 03:17:01 PM »

Before I upgraded to the 7000, I ran HRD with my 706M2G with a Samsung UMP touchpad.  You do need the USB adapter to control the rig.

As far as Remoting, I think that is a HRD configuration to have one HRD application remotely control the HRD at the radio.  That I have not tried.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:46:15 PM »

In setting up remote stations, I always found the computer to be the least reliable part of the apparatus.

The OMNI-VII does solve these problems, and there are other ways as well.

But I'd never set up a remote station again using any sort of PC.  Hard to debug or reboot when you're hundreds or thousands of miles away.
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »

An even bigger issue is audio.  Both receive and transmit.  HRD cannot pass this remotely. You would need a device that packetizes the audio and transports it via TCP/IP.  There are devices that do that.  Check the back of Marches QST.  I seem to remember seeing one advertised there.  GlenLink IIRC.  

It is possible to control your station remotely using HRD.  However, you also need a static IP address on your internet (read:  Business class) in order to complete the connection.  Otherwise your IP address is dynamically assigned and may or may not be the same from day to day.  If you could provide the static IP, then you can control your radio remotely.  It is possible to do this without a static IP, but like I said, it just could be different.

I do not know off the top of my head if that control extends to DM780 so you may use it for code or digital mode QSOs.  So, again, you can control it, but not communicate.  

You could use a computer remote control program like RDP or VNC to control the PC in the shack and then do digital or CW.  But again, you'll need a static IP address.

The TenTec rigs with an Ethernet connection do solve all of these problems.  I have seen it done.  But that is not your question.  I also do not know how it was set up.
VA3DRU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 06:02:41 AM »

i also have been using a 706MKIIG with HRD Remote with great results. My problem is how to operate the LDG Z100 auto tuner. I have selected the LDG electronic atu in the tools menu but I just get a bar at the bottom of my screen there are no controls on it therefor I can not turn on the tune/call button on the radio via remote. Also what scripting would I use in the remote configuration file to allow others to listen but not transmit. ( Username/passwords, these are case-insensitive. Spaces are removed
#   from the beginning and end of the username and password.
#
#   The format is USERx = username,password
#
USER1  = Simon,SnowTime
USER2  = Peter,Uberwald
USER20 = Donald,California )

Thanks
W9OY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »

There was a guy over on the Flex reflector about a year ago who was running his F5K an amp and a beam from his iPhone.  His iPhone was his mobile rig.  He just ran down the road DXing using his F5K remote base

73  W9OY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: