Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TS-850 & RIgblaster Plus  (Read 1336 times)
W9FFC

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2010, 08:22:21 AM »

Hi:

I am writing you to see if you can help me figure out what my problem is with not being able to operate FSK using the rig blaster plus and my Kenwood TS 850.
This could just be one of many senior moments that I have but here is my scenario:
I have been using the rig blaster plus on AFSK for many months now and very successful according to the reports I have receive from other stations.  I use the MMTTY teletype program.  I have used this program successfully in conjunction with the N1MM contest program, as a standalone, and the DX4WIN logging program.
Recently I decided to try and set up the rig blaster plus to my TS850 using FSK without any success.  As you may know, the TS 850 has an RCA connection on their rear of the rig for direct FSK keying, and so I made up a patch cord with a miniature stereo plug on one end which plugs in to the rig blaster plus unit, and an RCA pin plug on the other end.  On the miniature stereo plug I used that tip wire and connected it to the tip of the RCA plug.  I connected the ground from the sleeve of the miniature phone jack to the sleeve of the RCA plug. The sleeve of the miniature jack is not used.
I went over the instructions for the MMTTY program to configure it to send FSK with no success.  The best I was able to do when I transmitted FSK was to see the entire line that I typed to show up on my screen way too fast.  If I was to guess, I would say that I was sending approximately 150 to 200 words per minute which obviously is wrong. It didn't sound like the normal rtty sound either.
I went through the entire TS 850 manual to see if there was something I had to configure in the software to get the FSK to work and I could find nothing.

This is by no means a major problem for me since everything is working in AFSK mode. I am sending this  just in case has run across this problem before and was able to fix it.
73.......Bob.....W9FFC
W9FFC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:01:20 PM »

Got it working....................
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: