Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REMOTE OPERATOR LOOKING FOR A STATION  (Read 6863 times)
VA3API

Ignore
« on: February 06, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »

I have been a ham since 1986 I have the advanced license I also do a few contests every years (all cw).

I have been antenna restricted for about 8 years in this condo playing around with one antenna stealth project after the other.  Mostly stealth thin wire dipoles in the back yard and many projects in the attic.

Now I am using the slinky antenna and the MFJ loop in the attic. I also have power lines near my house  making matters worse.  I am somewhat active during the week but would like to get out more.    

If anyone with a half decent station (CANADA, USA, EUROPE, ETC..) would like to go remote I would be happy to pay for it and support your shack.    This is how fed up I am with the condo here.

I have been playing around with:

http://www.w4mq.com/

http://blog.g4ilo.com/2009/07/g4ilo-goes-to-france-virtually.html

and have managed to remote my shack for fun so I am familiar with the software from both ends.  But many of the international remote stations (the real good ones) are full, they are not taking on new operators and some of them actually have waiting lists. I use Ham Radio deluxe from my office to home.

So I am seeing any ham with super shack might want to work something out with me.
NW0Q

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 07:55:48 AM »

VA3API,
I am in the same gloomy situation.  If you find out anything from this post and you wish to share reasonable expenses, let me know.
Good luck!
73's,
Jim Poehling NW0Q
W5AZY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 11:54:43 AM »

I'm in a similar situation. My temporary QTH is in a narrow Colorado valley with mountains 1/4 mile on two sides and within three miles on the other two sides.

With internet control of a station would it be possible to use a remote site such as a repeater site? A club or group of operators could manage and use the site.

An internet control point seems to meet the requirements of ยง97.213 (Telecommand of an amateur station ).

Does anyone have experience with such a setup?

Bill
KB0HMP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 07:20:46 AM »

Hey All,

I'm looking to setup a remote station here in the US.
Right now I'm just finishing up the first part of the station.
I will be doing more work mid June on the shack, but i'm not sure if it will be fully remote or not.  My goal is to have the first remote setup fully complete by August of this year.

Currenlty I'm looking to finish out three key things:
1) A good internet link to where I am at, as it is fairly remote (nice, low noise)
2) A remote attenna switching system - right now I'm looking at the microHAM switch setup
3) Complete the nessisary hardware to do the remote switching and tie it into HRD

From there I have plans to put up a short tower for 1) sat com and 2) an alternate to my 500' windom that would allow a more directional setup.

If any of you have advice on completion of this first stage, I'm all open to this conversation. 

Thanks,
KB0HMP
W7PV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »

For those wanting in on a remote operation, check the W7DXX website.  I've subscribed to his remote for over a year and enjoyed using it very much.

Paul
W7PV
DL3OCH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 07:13:16 PM »

I have not signed up for it, but you may also try HB9Z. They have a nice station with 5ele beam and amplifier for remote operation. You may try it out.

73 de Bodo, DL3OCH
KT3Q, HB9EHJ, 5N7Q

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: