Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom programming cables  (Read 374 times)
KB9YZL

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2004, 09:51:51 AM »

I am responsible for the care and feeding of some 25 Icom transceivers.  The “fleet” consists of V8000s, IC-207Hs, and T2Hs.  In order to simplify my life, I’m setting up a laptop PC for the purpose of programming these radios.

Both the V8000 and the T2H call for the OPC-478 programming cable, but the 207 calls for the OPC-646.  Are these cables really different?  I don’t want to spend $75 on a second cable if it’s not absolutely necessary.  How difficult is it to fabricate these cables?

Also, is all of the Icom Programming software “radio specific”?  Is there a generic programming package available that will cover multiple models?

Thanks in advance

Kent Carroll
KB9YZL

N7RFC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 03:09:06 PM »

Kent,

It looks like you never received a forum reply to this 2004 posting:

Icom programming cables  Reply  
by KB9YZL on February 27, 2004  Mail this to a friend!  
I am responsible for the care and feeding of some 25 Icom transceivers. The “fleet” consists of V8000s, IC-207Hs, and T2Hs. In order to simplify my life, I’m setting up a laptop PC for the purpose of programming these radios.

Both the V8000 and the T2H call for the OPC-478 programming cable, but the 207 calls for the OPC-646. Are these cables really different? I don’t want to spend $75 on a second cable if it’s not absolutely necessary. How difficult is it to fabricate these cables?

Also, is all of the Icom Programming software “radio specific”? Is there a generic programming package available that will cover multiple models?

Thanks in advance

Kent Carroll
KB9YZL

...however....

I've just purchased a 207 on Ebay, haven't received it yet, and I'm shocked at the OPC-646 prices in the few places I can even find it. Where you able to resolve your situation and - important to me -- find an alternate cable source?

Thanks...Bob C. N7RFC (bconaway@netbeam.net)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: