Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cw interfering with digital on 40 meters  (Read 593 times)
WB5NHH

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:34:14 AM »

I am a licensed amateur radio operator.  I operate only cw and mainly on 40 meters  of which i am allowed to do according to my station license. I am very aware of band conditions and interference on 40 and all amateur bands and gosh knows we know there is interference. Operating  is on a shared basis and I understand that. Before operating on a given frequency  I listen and then transmit qrl several times listening in between to make sure I dont interfere with another station that i might not here or is not transmitting at the time but from time to time things do happen and I feel bad about that when it does. On February 7, 2010 AT 0255 utc on 7.076mhz  I sent qrl several times listening in between calls to make sure  i am not interfering with anyone. Hearing nothing I transmitted a cq and was answered by a WA6 station and we carried on a cw qso. A few days later I now have received from a OO that I was interfering with a NON FREQUENCY AGILE DIGITAL SYSTEM  that was already transmitting on that frequency. I never heard that station at all at any time before, during and after my qso. And if I cant hear the digital station then how do i know i am interfering with them. According to my license i can operate on 40 meters from 7025 to 7125 and i am going to continue to operate cw in the 40 meter band allocated for cw.. If however there has been a rule change from the FCC that I am not aware of  that I cant operate there then i will gladly qsy to a different frequency but for the time being  i am going to continue to work  in the frequncy  spectrun on 40 meters allocated to cw and  for those people who operate non frquency agile digital systems you are going to have to just get over it.  And the radio observer  who sent me the report if you were listeng to me send then why didnt you get on the air and tell me i was interfering with this non frequncy agile digital system or you just taking these peoples word for it.  It appears these people want a perfect operating scenario and they want their cake and coffee and what ever else they want.For me to stop sending and operating cw then some one is going to have to try and pry my hand off that cw key and it wont be someone who operates non frequncy agile digital systems for darn sure.
AB9TX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:20:41 AM »

Maybe the digital modes that are undetectible should include an analog ID..??

Just a thought.

KE4ILG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 01:44:57 PM »

I am primarily a cw op and have concern for this report of "interference" of a "non frequency agile digital system"  I too send qrl and listen, so what's an op to do?

And just what is a "non frequency agile digital system"?  I'm not joking I don't know what it is.  

Next when you were notified of your interference does the OO identify himself to you so you may get additional details?  And lastly who hasn't been interfered with while in the middle of a qso, no doubt because band conditions have changed?  This does not rise to intentional or knowingly interfering.  

On first glance it would seem the OO may need to get some more info before jumping to a conclusion.  Is there a response portion to the notification form?  On the surface this just seems wrong.  I will be reading along to learn more.  Thank you for the post, 73 Mike ke4ilg.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: