The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Cabrillo Questions (CQ WPX RTTY)  (Read 2067 times)
ND2K

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2010, 05:00:07 AM »

I'm a very casual contest operator so please excuse my ignorance...

1. What is OPERATOR: ASSISTED vs. NON-ASSISTED in the context of CQ WPX RTTY? (I used HRD/DM780...is that "assisted"??)

2.  I realize the robot at the other end will compute my score, but if want to include a "CLAIMED-SCORE:" line in my submission, Do I have to trudge through my contest log manually to come up with a number? Does there exist some sort of software utility that I can pass my cabrillo file through that will generate a number??

Thanks...Al ND2K
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 01:40:11 PM »

Al,

Assisted means you used a "spotting cluster", or other "assistance" to find stations to work to work. Unassisted means you used no external assistance to find contacts.

Your logging program SHOULD calculate your score for you. If not, do you know how mant Q-points you have
and how many multipliers ?
If you know those two numbers, you can simply multiply the two together to get your submitted score.

There MAY be some software out there to do if for you, obviously the contest sponsors have software to do the log checking and compaison but I am unaware of the names of any.

Hope you did well.

bill
ND2K

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 05:27:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply Bill. As far as scoring goes, if it were just #QSO's and mult's, I would go ahead and compute the score by hand. In this contest, QSO point values vary depending on band, if the QSO was same continent, different country but same continent, and different continent. So it can get out of hand and very tedious!!

73...Al ND2K
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »

Agreed...

What logger did you use Huh

As I said, it should give you a score calculation
or at least a qso-point tally.
ND2K

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 05:20:56 PM »

I just used the logger in DM780. Allows me to export as Cabrillo...and it seems that is about the extent of it. I have everything in proper format except for the claimed score line. From the sound of your question, it seems like I should have used a logging program that is more "contest-focused".

I thought it would be nice to submit my entry this time around, but like I said in my initial post, I'm a very casual contest operator...so if it doesn't happen its no big deal.

Thanks for the replies...73 Al ND2K
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »

Submit the Cabrillo and in several months, the results
from everyone will be published, you do not need to submit a "claimed score" with the log submission.

If you don't have a subscription to CQ, thats fine too.

They publish the results on their website a month or two after the results are published in the magazine.

Just a suggestion for the future:

Look into securing a contest oriented logging program.

N1MM works just fine and is totally FREE.
Do a google search on "N1MM" and it will take you to their website. They are on version 10.?.? now.
I just downloaded the newest version for CQ WPX RTTY
last weekend.
It handles MOST contests and is VERY easy to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: