Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorola ht1550 Programming issues  (Read 1064 times)
HPD612

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2004, 11:44:02 AM »

I was hoping someone in eham community would be able to help me with a programming issue that I have w/ my new motorola ht 1550 (new to me).  I recently purchased ht1550 and according to the seller, it is possible to field program this radio with a certain battery, which I have.  I was hoping someone here could tell me how to do this?  If it is not possible what would it take to program the radio from my computer?  And where could I get the needed materials (programming cable and software)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Michael
WA6EIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 10:34:37 PM »

Michael,
I currently do not own a 1550, but I am planning on acquiring one soon. I believe if you want to use the special battery to program the radio, the radio will first need to have that option enabled in the software, aka dealer mode, field programming mode, etc.
FYI, to purchase the software for this radio is quite expensive, and also the hardware, cables, etc. will end up costing more than what you paid for the radio.
Try batlabs.com discussion board as an excellent source of information on Motorola radios.
73, WA6EIK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: