The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Echo Link Conference Setup Help  (Read 2225 times)
N3QXX

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2005, 04:48:35 AM »

Good day everyone.  I am in need of some assistance in connecting to a conference on Echolink.  I have created a conference for the Baltimore City RACES group to be accessed from two EOCS and Baltimore City Police locations.  Setup was fairly direct and simple, and once approved by the folks at Echolink, the node is up and running.  But... I am unable to connect to the conference as it times out.  I am not trying to connect from within the same location as the server since you need a different public IP than what the server is using.   I have gone through the conf file and didn't see anything that was set incorrectly, but I may have missed something.  So, anyone with experience in setting up a conference who likes troubleshooting, please help.  I need to present this to a Lieutenant in the police department next week.  Thanks to all and 73!  

Christopher Madairy, N3QXX
RACES Officer
Balitmore City, MD
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 02:31:56 PM »

Chris:

I am curious. Are these several locations simply going to monitor whatever traffic there is on the node or are they going to be active participants?

If they are going to participate, will there be a licensed ham at each one of these locations?

I wasn't aware that Baltimore City had more than one EOC.

Lon - N3ZKP
Baltimore, Maryland
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: