Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using HRD with wireless connection.  (Read 216 times)
W7KSO

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:50:52 PM »

I would like to operate my FT-450, which is located in my shack in the garage, from my house.  I have a Windows XP PC next to my rig in the garage, which has a wireless connection to my Windows XP PC in the house.  Is this at all possible?  I couldn't find the appropriate forum on the HRD forums list.  Thanks for any info.
KD8GEH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:57:17 PM »

Sure, its no big deal. As long as you are sharing internet connection with the pc in the house (See network setup help). I strongly suggest a wireless router for connections for the added firewall protection though.  Feel free to contract me direct if I can be of further assistance. Be happy to walk you thru it.

I love HRD, its a great program.

73, DE Dave KD8GERH Dayton
kd8geh at arrl dot net
AB8SG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:07:51 PM »

You essentially run HRD IP server on the machine that is connected to the radio and access it from your other PC running the full program. This will only take care of the control functions of the radio. You must use a separate program (I use Skype) to carry the audio.
I will also be happy to walk you through the setup if you need help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: