Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: qsl printing software  (Read 1344 times)
KD8CBX

Ignore
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:36:55 PM »

Can anybody recommend a program for printing my own qsl cards?  I will be using Windows XP and an ink jet printer.  Thanks.
K0RFD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 06:35:36 AM »

Ink jet's a pretty expensive way to go but if you must...

What are you using for logging software?  DXKeeper, one of the DXLab suite, has an excellent QSL printing facility.  It prints card and QSO information right from your log.  There is another module in the Suite, called Pathfinder, that will help you find QSL routes for people from a number of online databases.

Although I do most of my real-time logging with N1MM, I periodically export my stuff to ADIF files and pull it into DXKeeper, which is what I use for QSL management and award tracking.
KE4EHX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 12:14:32 PM »

I came across a site recently while looking for the same thing,
http://www.hamstuff.com/QslKitPage/qslkit.html
It is a simple kit of micro perf paper with 4 cards per page.  This is marketed toward inkjet printers.  They throw in a MS Publisher and Word format files along with some images.  The 100 Sheet order (400 cards)of 90# card stock is $13 plus $4.50 shipping.  At less than $20 shipped I plan on ordering one myself so I can do some custom cards.  
Hope this is useful,
Todd
KE4EHX
WB2DVE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 09:12:52 AM »

Try QSL Maker by WB8RCR. (hfradio.org/wb8rcr/) It's a free program and works really well. I use it with an inkjet printer and 110# card stock. Lots of choices for color and text. The web site doesn't say it can be used with Windows 2000 or XP, but I have used it with XP with no problems. Do a Google search for hints on importing graphics for the background.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 05:42:57 PM »

hi,

QSL Maker by WB8RCR is written in C++,
so it will work with windows xp and 2000, etc.

Nice program, easy to use and you can create
custom cards as needed.

WB8RCR makes the program available at no charge.

73 james
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 07:11:50 PM »

I use Irfan View to work with my pictures and add the wording to it that I want.

I use Wordpad to just make the printed QSL info for  the reverse of a postcard. I haven't found a need for any special software to make my cards.

Email me sirdrakejr at AOL dot com and I will send you a sample pic I made just the other night from a pic I took of Las Vegas Saturday evening.
Frank
KL7IPV
W5GA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 10:40:57 AM »

LOGic has a native format for the W7NN card stock.  See http://www.hosenose.com/logic/infopak/infopak_page4.asp#report_writer

It doesn't specifically mention the W7NN stock, but it's there.  It's what I use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: