Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound Card Recording  (Read 487 times)
KG2JM

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2005, 12:16:55 PM »

I have been looking for some software that will record off the sound card. The software should
1) be able to allow me to select recording quality (not very high ---- since I will be recording HF/VHF radio)
2) display time - either actual time recorded or relative time since the beginning of the recording session.  This is necessary to index key places in a recording so I can get back to it later.
3) basic VOX or dead time capability would be a nice to have IF it could work with #2 above.

I have been downloading and testing dozens of products from various shareware and $$ sites and have not found anything that does a good job with item 2.  Anyone know of a good program?  Shareware or $ware are all ok.
W7ZRC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 10:16:47 AM »

Have you looked at Audacity?  
W8MW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 11:31:09 AM »

A popular program in radio broadcasting and small recording studios is Cool Edit Pro. The original manufacturer was bought out by Adobe a couple years ago and they discontinued the product.  Their new version is Adobe Audition 1.5 which I haven't used but assume they retained some or all of the original product features.  They offer a free trial you might want to test drive.

Cool Edit displays total time of a sound file along with real time display of current cursor position, plus time of each section you highlight for editing purposes. Hours, minutes and thousandths of a second.    

I also use Saw Studio for more demanding multi track sessions and last time I checked they offered a free demo too.  Mo bux to buy, however.

Never encountered a digital audio application that stops recording like a vox-operated cassette machine, so can't help you there.

73 Mike    
WA7CC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 12:16:36 PM »

RecAll & RecAll Pro are nice packages.

http://www.sagebrush.com/
ZAKIR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 05:06:54 AM »

The first thing that came to my mind was audacity.
K3AN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 06:56:19 AM »

Audacity works well and it's FREE. Go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: