Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Test  (Read 29013 times)
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »

P. S. a couple of years ago I was involved with the local Races group. I recieved  a plaque from the local sheriffs office.Still have it.The reason that disbanded was another ham that was running it butted heads with the local sheriff. All I am saying is that hams are not the greatest people on earth. And I just want to start to expand to 80 meters. With antenna experimentting.And to be sucked up into local politics.I cant wait to get my low band long wire strung to get to 160 meters.Please is there  someone out here thats agrees with me . kc8ktn@hotmail.com
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »

The issue here is not whether or not he owes child support or alimony, or back taxes or likes to torture small animals.
The real question is under what circumstances the examining VE team can refuse to administer the test to a qualified candidate.

After reading again part 97 regarding VE and the VEC, I don't see anywhere a "we only give you the test if we think you are worthy" expressed or implied.

Name names.
Where did this testing session take place ?

KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 09:50:14 PM »

I was licensed in August 1998 . Renewed in 2008. I came in as a tech no code.When you go to the drivers licence they don't get involved whether or not your a nice guy. To be honest I am a nice guy. Some of my local ham buddies that heard what is happening are helping me but this is not right. This took place in Mishawaka Indiana at the red cross building .This test was supposed to be given 4-5 pmest.I showed up at 3:45 est. Was told I could not take the test.They would not discuss anyhting with me.So  what did I do wrong this is supposed to bring in new blood. I am  supposed to encourage people to this hobby.I still will this has only lit a fire in me. I am now going to get my vec after I get my general. Thanks for this website.
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 09:54:21 PM »

Not sure about this not a HAM statement... look at this one :

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/letterPdf/LetterPdfController?licId=2836704&letterVersionId=69&autoLetterId=0&letterCode=AZ&radioServiceCode=HV&op=LetterPdf&licSide=Y&letterTo=L&archive=null

Before I upgraded it was showing my last renewal date...

He could have gotten it in '98 and renewed .... the ref copy doesn't mean that much Smiley

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:57:40 PM by Dimitri Patakidis » Logged
W5RB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 09:58:17 PM »

I don't know what team you're testing with , nor what the problem may be . The short answer is , you need to seek an exam with another team . ARRL has teams in Goshen , St. Joseph , and Kalamazoo . W5YI appears to have people in South Bend  , and Niles . Pick a new VE team , and move on .

Good Luck ,
                 Russ , W5RB
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 10:03:33 PM »

Holy cow!!! W7QPZ isn't a ham either?  And I checked.. I'm not either, because I can download a reference copy of my license too :-)  

W7QPZ, I don't know why KC8KTN's reference copy is indexed in search engines, but check in a few days now that a few of us have generated yours.

And KT6G, did you receive your first ham license on January 16, 2010, like, by your logic, your reference copy suggests?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:11:11 PM by Dan » Logged

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 10:25:09 PM »

N3OX: LOL Smiley

As for the fcc licensing dates showing they are accurate as of the last renewal.
I tested this with my wife's call KF6SBT.  I know when she got her call (well..she does too) but it doesn't show that year on the FCC website.

I don't know why everyone is somehow out there to prove this guy wrong in some way.
I don't care if he showed up for the test with a CB hanging around his neck , wearing  an 11m ground plane for a coat (above his clothes) ,

the VE team or one of them refusing to administer the test is the real issue.

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »

By KC8KTN: (My asterisks added for ***emphasis***)

"This has to due with a lawsuit going on in the nieghboring city ***not even with me***.

"But this lawsuit has to do with ***some cb stuff not with me***"

"I have a cb radio in my garage when I would come home from work and talk in the garage on the cb radio ***after some beers its gets out of hand***."

Re the VEC Team:

"No I do not know any of them they just say they know me." Then:

"This lawsuit has to go on **with one of the examiners*** and so on and so forth . But because of cb stuff that it would take to much time to expain."

First you say you don't know ANY of the examiners, now you say it has to do with one of them that has is involved with a CB lawsuit! Which is is?

So...there's a lawsuit in a nearby city relating to do with CB that you TWICE claim has **nothing to do with you**. YET you admit to being on the CB while intoxicated and things "Got out of hand". AND you admitted on Eham forum not long ago that you own and use an illegal radio and an illegal CB amplifier.

But, "it would take too long to explain." Hmmmmm.
Try us. What kind of "CB lawsuit" is this? Never heard of one. Law enforcement getting involved with on-the-air-threats (out of hand?Huh) but never a civil suit.

I think more would be revealed of the whole truth were told.

Come on, you gotta have a Ham Club name, callsign or a phone number you can give us. Who sponsored the session?

You probably should not have been turned away, but there are VEC sessions every weekend within easy driving distance. Just go to another one. Why are you making such a big deal about this and telling us your life's story?
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 06:50:07 AM »

What is your problem. I am not on trial here. I just want to increase to general to try my hand at hf frequencies.This cb lawsuit thing through one of the vecs is not even with me its through some of his local nieghbors.I am going to just go somewhere else to take my test. Some of my local ham friends are setting up a special test session. This is only a minor road block for me . But the one vec who refused to test me he is the one who still has all these problems going on.As far as the cb court thing it seems kind of silly to me to.I will be a general soon.And to try and explain yourself on this or any forum is silly on my part. Again to all out here who have given me advice thanks . Will still come here to get advice and help if I  can . kc8ktn/chuck
KC7YRA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »

"Elthroth" is not the Air Force Base in SD.  Not even close.  It is Ellsworth Air Base, Home of the 28th bomber wing.

Just wanted to get that right for folks Smiley

As for your dilemma, it sounds like your previous actions may have hurt your future.  You yourself talk about getting on the radio after too many beers and it gets "out of hand".  

"out of hand" is kind of a vague term and I am certain that, despite your description of the situation, you are being lumped in as a CBer.

Find another group of VEs and separate yourself from the renegade CBers as much as you can.  Damage control time now.

Brad
KC9EOT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »

Chuck I heard you on 2 meters using very obscene vulgar language, you are suspect of ker-chunking along with a couple others which by the way is not the reason you were refused, suspicion is no reason to hold someone back; Then again being banned on all the repeaters in the area for you language and anti American diatribe be tween you and two others is.
You grow up chuck, stop playing with dolls on CB and running "the Captain" show on CB channel 2 then learn to be a Ham instead of a CB'er and come back and see us. Oh and yes you know darn well you have been told about all this stuff.
KC9EOT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 09:46:13 AM »

KB4 there is no complaining, in the VE handbook it says "you are not an employee of the FCC or other organization and you do not have to test anyone you dont want to." Do to this mans actions no VE, and there were 9 or 10 of us, wuold sign i=his paperwork
KC9EOT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 09:47:13 AM »

You were heard by 4 VEs present doing these things and you know it.
KC9EOT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 09:52:04 AM »

Well Chuck you took down your videos of "The Captain" that you posted on you tube playing with your toys like hulk hogan and talking on CB, at one point you even mentioned an illegal radio you have with an "I dont care" attitude.I have the videos if you want to put them back but I dont think you want that do you.
W9AMR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »

I think most of you have figured out why Chuck didn't get to take his upgrade. I am the one that told him he would not be tested. Yes me W9AMR. I tried to spare you the embarrassment in front of a room full of people you did not know.  That is why you were given on reason. BTW, it is up to the discretion examiners who gets tested. I was totally with in my rights as a VE to refuse you your test. No reason need be given. Check with the ARRL (you already did) and W5YI. The test session was given by W5YI team. so you needto verify it with them.

I have nothing against you. I just don't like your behavior on the radio. You bring your CB mentality with you to ham radio. Your Who's who in the zoo on channal 2 chapter's 1 through 30 on youtube shows what I mean. Don't bother looking for it he pulled it this morning. But I have most of it archived for posterity. It shows your radio antics. You using your Amateur radio equipment on CB.

The videos are being sent to the proper authority. The people you have no respect for.  I could go on longer but I think most of you get "The big picture"  I am not doing anything to Chuck that he didn't bring on him self. He is not being picked on.

As Paul Harvey would say "And now you have the rest of the story"

Larry W9AMR
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: