The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charging an IC-T8A battery  (Read 878 times)
K2PHD

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2010, 10:43:25 AM »

Does anyone know if the battery in the T8A needs to be brought down to zero before using the supplied charger can be used -- requiring a 12 - 14 hour recharge. When I plug the charger into a partially charged T8A for 10 hours and then look at the voltage nothing has chaged and battery seems not to have recharged an bit at all.

K2PHD (Doc)
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 04:15:58 AM »

That depends on the battery. Not all battery types show a huge difference between full and partial charge voltage, especially so when measured with a DVM with an 11 meg ohm input impedance. And, I doubt any new battery, NiCad, NmH, or Li Ion needs to be "taken to zero". In fact, in some cases, that's a good way to ruin the battery.

KH6AQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 08:23:29 AM »

Please dont' become a slave to your batteries. Or your tubes.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 01:39:57 PM »

The drop-in charger works MUCH better at getting a full charge for my usage.I use a Batteries America HIGH CAPACITY battery that is MUCH better than the original battery & the battery clip is NOT an issue on the Batteries America battery either.

Clayton
W4KVW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: