Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe w/ IC-746PRO & IC706MKIIG  (Read 1820 times)
KG6WLS

Ignore
« on: January 17, 2006, 09:03:27 PM »

Hello all, and I hope I can give out enough info for my problem. I'm not too computer savy so, here goes.

I'm currently using a Saratoga EZ-PSK USB for my IC-746PRO w/ the PSK31 Deluxe software. No problems on that one. Using COM Port 5 @ 9600 baud rate.

My task at hand now is to use Ham Radio Deluxe (that I've loaded onto my laptop HP Pavilion ze4500 w/ Windows XP) for the IC-746PRO. Using the Saratoga CAT jack w/ 3 point plug cable, to the CI-V jack on the back of the radio. I've tried using COM Port 1, 3, & 4, changed CI-V baud rates (at radio and computer) at 19200, 9600, 4800, etc., and the CI-V address to match. Also, have set the CI-V transceive to OFF, and memory channels OFF as recommnded. Tried different cables and it will not communicate. I even tried it with my IC-706MKIIG with the same procedures.

Once again, I'm not a computer wiz and this is probally simple to most.

So, my questions are:

1.) Will this Saratoga interface (if that's what it is called) work with either of these radios?

2.) Instead of Saratoga USB, should I use the serial port off the laptop to the CI-V jack on the radio?

3.) Is there anything that I may have missed?

4.) Did I give out enough info?

Thanks for your time.
--... ...--
Mike/KG6WLS

KG6WLS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 05:46:28 PM »

Figured it out.

(-: ------Happy Dance------ Smiley

WW2JD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 04:57:06 AM »

Hello Mike/KG6WLS,
           I can only speak for the 706MK11G as this is the rig I use with the program. I use the rig. I use the Icom CI-V rig control, First when the connect window comes up look for the Icom under the Company  and the 706mkIIG/746PRO under Radio and I have mine set at com 1, 19200 speed, ci-v 58, DTR and the RTS are both checked. I am using both a Laptop and Desk top with the same settings and it works grate for me . I think I would be safe to say if you add the IC 746 PRO the same way and setting it should work.     73's  God Bless   Bob WW2JD
ps if your using a USB port it should work the same
WD8PTB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 10:59:02 AM »

You may have a compatability problem. I built a CIV controler from the handbook. Icom uses a 1/8" monoral connector for civ control. I have used HRD to hook up to a 703,718,R10,746,and a 910H at 9600 baud. Make sure the controler you are using is desighned to control the radio. Some radios use a 1/8" stereo but not ICOM. Good Luck; Don WD8PTB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: