Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HF Radio Remote control software  (Read 947 times)
RF4BURNS

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2006, 04:28:19 PM »

Hi, I would like to set up a remote hf station consisting of an ft840 and end feed wire with auto tune ;the trick is I  would like to be able to control the radio useing a hand held and dtmf (for freq entry/band switching etc)(on 2m for control with maybe 70cms for hf rx'er audio).Doe's anyone know of or have software useable with an old lap top capable of this?? (Linux based?)
K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:55:44 AM »

Anything that supports the hamlib libraries will work with your FT-840 on a Linux based system.  Take a look at grig (see: http://groundstation.sourceforge.net/?grig ) as one simple but effective possibility.

Caity
K7VO
RF4BURNS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 05:33:48 PM »

K7VO thanks for the reply. The software you mention will allow software control of the rig (FT840) via serial port (if I read correct); but as I wish to control this via dtmf using another radio and freq , will the software also allow me to use 2 radios connected to the same computer? (I dont see this in the blurb about the software and it appears to be mearly a gui for command line software?) one as a slave to the other via dtmf but perhaps I am missing something?
          RF4Burns
K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 09:44:35 AM »

Sorry, I didn'[t read your original post carefully.  My bad.  To my knowledge there is no software I am aware of for any OS that does what you want.

Caity
K7VO
K2QPN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 06:53:38 AM »

I am doing remote control today. In my shack, I have an IC-746Pro connected to a PC. The shack PC is runing Logger32 or Commander to control the rig. The rig is connected to the  PC sound card with a PSK interface. PC also runs Skype to send the rig's audio to the remote PC. I control the shack's PC from a remote PC using VNC. VNC shows the screen of the remote PC. Nothing fancy but it works and all the software is FREE! I use this lash up to monitor the rig and listen for DX spots. If I hear one I'll walk downstairs to the shack. I use it locally but it could be a 1000 miles, all you need is an IP connection.
WA7NCL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 08:56:03 AM »

You might get this to work

http://rivat.chez-alice.fr/software.htm

Download the app called simplex.  This is the only thing I have ever found.
RF4BURNS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 01:35:40 PM »

K2QPN, Thanks for the reply however simple remote control useing vnc or pc anywhere is not quite what I was after (see orignal post)remote control via another radio of the HF radio is the plan .73
RF4BURNS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 01:37:30 PM »

WA7NCL, Thanks for the reply, this looks like it has potential and will down load and check it out .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: