Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin monitors on logging software?  (Read 583 times)
G0VAX

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2005, 06:27:08 AM »

Hi All,
Not sure if this is the right place to put this post, but here goes.
Is there any logging software out there that is capable of running twin monitors? Say, for example, having the logbook page and input page on one screen, and a world map and Digimode interface screen on the other.
If so, what is it?, how is it done?
I currently use Winlog32, RCKRTTY,MixW2, and Logger32 in my system.

Cheers

Brian G0VAX
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 11:35:42 PM »

Yes, DXLab supports dual monitors. DXLab is suite of 8 applications that can be run individually, but when run simultaneously detect each other's presence and automatically interoperate. All DXLab applications are free, and available via www.qsl.net/dxlab . A summary of their capabilities is appended below.

Dave, AA6YQ

- Commander: controls and displays transceiver frequency and mode, provides 10 banks of 10 memories (each of which stores a frequency, a mode, and a text description), displays frequency-dependent settings for tuners and amplifiers, can switch among four different transceivers automatically based on frequency or manually at the click of a mouse, and provides transceiver control services to all other members of the Suite

- WinWarbler: supports PSK31, PSK63, and RTTY via soundcard, CW generation, and voice-keying for phone. Supports external modems like the KAM, PK232, SCS, or MFJ units, and the WinKey CW keyer. In PSK31 or PSK63, decodes all signals in a 3.5 khz segment, presenting a "stations heard" window with extracted callsigns and decoded text.

- DXKeeper: provides full-function logging, award progress reporting and submission, duplicate-checking, and QSL management, independently tracking each QSO's confirmation by paper, eQSL.cc,
and ARRL's Logbook of the World. Supports the RAC, HamCall, and QRZ CDROM callbooks, and can obtain callbook information from QRZ.com via Pathfinder. Uploads to and download from LotW and eQSL.cc with a single mouse click, updating your log to reflect confirmations. Can directly print QSL cards and labels, and address envelopes.

- DXView: displays a live world map bearing station locations, the solar terminator, beam heading, and auroral zones boundaries; it also controls most PC-connected rotators, displays a station's location information, and computes precise sunrise/sunset times

- SpotCollector: captures, announces, and analyzes DX and WWV spots from up to 4 telnet clusters, the DX Summit web cluster, and a local packet cluster. Highlights stations with whom a confirmed QSO would advance award progress, and stations known to participate in LotW. Plots spots on DXView's world map. Displays solar conditions over the past solar revolution.

- PropView: generates graphical propagation forecasts (using the included IONCAP engine) and monitors IARU/NCDXF HF propagation beacons

- Pathfinder: provides instant access to more than 100 web-accessible sources of QSL route information

- Launcher: initiates or terminates a specified set of DXLab applications with a single click, and indicates the availability of new releases of DXLab applications with respect to what's installed.

N5NA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 12:18:37 PM »

You can do that with DX4WIN.  Just drag whatever window you want to whichever monitor you want it on.

Alan N5NA
W4HIJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 05:55:15 PM »

Logger 32 should let you move the grayline map and the soundcard window to a second monitor. As far as I know those are the only two that will move. Personally, I'd like to be able to move any window I choose but I like Logger 32 for a lot of other reasons so I bear with it.
Michael, W4HIJ
W4HIJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 05:55:33 PM »

Logger 32 should let you move the grayline map and the soundcard window to a second monitor. As far as I know those are the only two that will move. Personally, I'd like to be able to move any window I choose but I like Logger 32 for a lot of other reasons so I bear with it.
Michael, W4HIJ
WA0HLJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 01:17:05 PM »

You should be able to do that with just about any program you choose. When you start the application be it a logging program or digital program or whatever, just left click on the title bar and drag it to the other screen if it is not on the screen you want it on.  It is the operating system software that allows you to use multi monitors and control how they interact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: