Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GigaParts  (Read 31805 times)
AE7RZ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »

I will not do business with GIGAPARTS due to them not being willing to drop ship! Sad
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 06:51:06 AM »

I have got some really good deals from Gigaparts including free shipping on a pretty large power supply. Ended up getting it quiet a bit less than anybody else could have sold it to me for including the free shipping.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 02:35:44 PM »

I will not do business with GIGAPARTS due to them not being willing to drop ship! Sad

So, if you want the product DIRECTLY from the manufacturer, WHY don't you deal directly with them?  Not a valid reason to criticize this company.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 06:51:10 PM »

hi,

Sometimes a retailer can't drop ship, the vendor will not
do business on those terms.

73 james
AA4HV

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 09:01:49 AM »

I recently had a small problem with GigaParts.  It is a long story, but there were several mistakes made regarding my order.  I guess with all of the Christmas rush, there are going to be a few bumps in the road, and as one of the employees stated "nobody is perfect".  I got pretty upset with Gigaparts over the mistakes and had decided not to shop there again.  I then got a phone call and email from Robby Sperr.  He explained that he had a conference with the employees which I had talked to, and listened to the phone call recordings.  They addressed all of the problems for me AND are making sure that other customers don't have any of the same problems.  GigaParts could have just ignored my situation since I am just one customer, but they didn't.  They put in a lot of hard work to try to save having me as a customer.  Mr. Sperr stated, "Mistakes do happen and we’re not afraid to be held accountable for ours. We want our ham community to know that we take our customers’ satisfaction seriously."

I value customer service highly.  A company can have the best product available, but terrible customer service, and I won't deal with them.  I would rather have a lower product with great customer service any day.  Fortunately, Gigaparts has great products, and based on the recent trouble I had, they have great customer service also.  I, and my ham family, will be returning as loyal customers.  Grin
KK5GG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »

GigaParts is like the Walmart of Ham Radio Equipment. There reps might be on the same level as Radio Shack Reps but it would depend on the day. If you are looking for hard solid advice on what to buy, go somewhere else. If you know what you want and want it at a low price then you can't go wrong. Just don't call someone else for the advice then not buy from them.
W8FOP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »

The prices and customer service at GigaParts is nothing less than outstanding! I have dealt with all the big names and I don't even look elsewhere when shopping now.

Keep up the great work GigaParts!
MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »

So, if you want the product DIRECTLY from the manufacturer, WHY don't you deal directly with them?  Not a valid reason to criticize this company.

I see no criticism at all. He just states he will not due business with them for not drop shipping.

As for Gigaparts, I have made a few purchases from them and all went smoothly. Good company to deal with.
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »

The items I have ordered have been on time and fairly priced. I have never called so I can not speak of the knowledge of the staff. I was a Radio Shack person for 3 years. I started thinking about stuff and realized I need to go. Couldnt take vacation time in Oct, Nov, or Dec. That really hurt deer hunting. Was a store manager for a while. Had to do 54 hours a week. I can say that 15 years ago when I left we sold cell phones and HTX202, HTX404, and the first 2 meter mobile they came out with. I could sell you a cell phone, a pack of resistors, a 800 mhz scanner and still if you have time to wait if it was busy I could solder the PL259 onto your RG8 cable for you. We had 2 hams in the store. I got my ticket while there. Sorry I realize this add is about GigaParts but I miss being able to go to the Shack and get things that I need. I asked the local store the other day if they had RG-8 to sell by the foot. I got blank stair from the clerk. She called in the manager. He was lost also. pitiful. I heard Charles Tandy spinning in his grave.
K3NOQ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »

Have made several purchases from GigaParts.  After my last website based order was placed on late Friday evening, I got a call on Saturday Morning from Travis at GigaParts, thanking me for my order and past purchases.  He advised that the order would ship on the following Monday as UPS didn't pick up on Saturdays.   I had the order on Wednesday.  I was quite impressed that I was considered a valuable customer at that time of year.  GigaParts is my first-called source from now on.  Kudo's to Travis and the staff there.....
WA4GIF

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 12:49:28 PM »

In the past I have had great experiences with GigaParts. I have even visited the store there in Huntsville a couple of times when I was on a business trip there.

That was in the past. Right now I'm waiting for an order that I placed near Christmas time! It really isn't their fault because its a distribution problem from Yaesu! I ordered an FT-817ND and when I ordered it it was in stock but while on the phone with the sales rep, it was sold to another customer. I guess it was the last one they had. They told me they expect another shipment in less than a week. Guess what, Wrong!

Again not a problem with GigaParts as they have communicated to me the problems, I just want my radio!  Cry

Butch - WA4GIF

KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »

That was in the past. Right now I'm waiting for an order that I placed near Christmas time! It really isn't their fault because its a distribution problem from Yaesu! I ordered an FT-817ND and when I ordered it it was in stock but while on the phone with the sales rep, it was sold to another customer. I guess it was the last one they had. They told me they expect another shipment in less than a week. Guess what, Wrong!

Their was a microphone cable that I was needing a couple of years ago and I was working with several ham dealers trying to get the cable. I got the run around for about 2 months and finally gave up and went through Gigaparts. They didn't have it in stock either but I have to give them credit. They got on the ball and did whatever it was they had to do and I had my cable within 1 week. I cant really fault any of the other dealers too much because I believe it was mostly an issue with the cable manufacture not supplying the dealers in a timely manor but Gigaparts took care of it pretty fast.

I understand your frustration, especially as long as you have been waiting but in my experience if Yaesu's customer service is any reflection on the company as a whole then it don't surprise me that they are having problems filling the orders. I love their radios but their customer service lacks a lot to be desired. I guess the earthquake in Japan could have slowed them down too. I don't know how badly Yaesu was affected from the disaster. Hope you get your rig soon.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:14:55 PM by K4EKG » Logged
AA2HA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 05:40:40 PM »

A few years back, I ordered about $6,000.00 in gear from gigaParts. Everything arrived quickly and I was satisfied. Last month, my wife ordered me a new mobile rig for my birthday. When she gave it to me, I had already purchased a new dual band radio. I had no use for the radios. Giga Parts gives you a seven day return policy. HOWEVER this is 7 days after they stick a shipping label on your order, not 7 days after you receive it.  Their policy states:

"Radio products have a 7-day warranty against manufacturing defects through GigaParts from the date that we ship your order."

Notice it doesn't say 7 BUSINESS days? Your order may not even arrive in 7 days, or as in my case, I'm stuck with an unopened $600.00 dual band radios that i could not return and have no use for. Yes it was 9 days after they stuck a shipping label on it.

I will not use GigaParts again due to this unreasonable policy. R & L (and almost all others) give you 30 days from the time you receive your radio.

Shame on Giga Parts for losing a good customer for not accepting an unopened radio two days after it arrived.
NW4G

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 09:17:35 PM »

A few years back, I ordered about $6,000.00 in gear from gigaParts. Everything arrived quickly and I was satisfied. Last month, my wife ordered me a new mobile rig for my birthday. When she gave it to me, I had already purchased a new dual band radio. I had no use for the radios. Giga Parts gives you a seven day return policy. HOWEVER this is 7 days after they stick a shipping label on your order, not 7 days after you receive it.  Their policy states:

"Radio products have a 7-day warranty against manufacturing defects through GigaParts from the date that we ship your order."

Notice it doesn't say 7 BUSINESS days? Your order may not even arrive in 7 days, or as in my case, I'm stuck with an unopened $600.00 dual band radios that i could not return and have no use for. Yes it was 9 days after they stuck a shipping label on it.

I will not use GigaParts again due to this unreasonable policy. R & L (and almost all others) give you 30 days from the time you receive your radio.

Shame on Giga Parts for losing a good customer for not accepting an unopened radio two days after it arrived.

That doesn't sound like the type of service I like to give. You are correct about our policy, and it's an important one for us as it helps us offer the best total value possible to all of our customers. Give me a call when it's convenient and lets figure out how to correct this gifting error.

I typically get in around 7AM CST, if you shoot me an email I'll be happy to give you a shout since our phones don't open until 9AM. georgeh@gigaparts.com

George Howard - NW4G
Amateur Radio Division Manager
(866) 535-4442 or (256) 428-2133 <- Direct
www.gigaparts.com

AA6ZE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »

I had the same experience with them a couple of years ago.  The 7 day so-called warranty was up when I got the rig and I had to fight with the manufacturer to get a refund for a defective product.I don't mind paying more for better service so Giga Parts and other El-cheapo shops are off my list.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: