Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital mode keying on the IC-7200  (Read 2123 times)
K5YG

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:53:54 AM »

I am using the IC-7200 USB Interface for Ham Radio Deluxe and the digital modes work fine.

WSJT will not key the IC-7200 via the IC-7200 USB port!

The reason for this is that WSJT does not generate CAT Commands. WSJT outputs its PTT Command only to a Serial Port.

The only way that I can get WSJT to play with the IC-7200, (via the IC-7200 USB port) is to manually provide the PTT by pushing the microphone PTT button.

VOX does not work because the IC-7200 VOX circuit does not receive the Analog Audio coming from its USB Port D/A Converter. The input to the VOX is only via the Microphone Port.

Pushing the Mic PTT button every time WSJT transmits is a pain, but will work in a pinch. (I had a JT6M contact operating this way)

Better approach:

I am using a SignaLink USB compuer to IC-7200 interface unit.(www.tigertronics.com)The computer connects to the SignaLink USB via the computer USB Port. The SignaLink USB connects to the IC-7200 via the 13-Pin ACC Connector. The SignaLink has a built in PTT Relay, which is activated by the incoming WSJT Transmit Audio.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: