Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it me.....or have conditions......  (Read 516 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:45:16 AM »

..SUCKED lately....Yet again?  I realize it's early in Cycle 24, but good grief this is getting old.  Not since the valentine day weekend have we had an SFI over 85.  And then came the solar storm.  Before late yesterday, I hadn't had a log entry for over a week.  Kind of hard to work stuff when you can't hear them....Can hardly wait to see what the summer doldrums bring.  I just don't get it......

V
KA3NRX
N3ZC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 05:34:08 AM »

Not just you...They sorta suckarama..

SSN=0
A Index=8
K=2
SFI=75

73'..Tom N3ZC
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:44:03 AM »

Now "0" of those pesky little sunspots. It was great on 40 meters with the gray line. T32SI on third call and P29CS on the first call. To bad, not long and I'll have to move up to the unwashed higher bands (:-). A new group will be numbered later today.

73 de Lindy
WB5JEO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:56:45 PM »

Maybe it was that comet it ate Saturday. They can't be good for you.

Most ways you look at the solar data, it's not shaping up to a history-making cycle. It kind of looked like it was going to better than predicted, but that was just the mean numbers. You notice were wasn't much variation from day to day, so even though the curve looked pretty good, there wasn't much in the way of higher numbers in the range.

In a way, it's more satisfying than the terrestrial weather forecast. You can pick any solar forecast that pleases, from pending higher than normal cycle, to pending lower than normal cycle, and fast onset or delayed onset. Of course, it's hard to say what normal is. And if you enjoy anticipating bad times, look at the predictions for Cycle 25. And it can be much, much worse. Mercifully, there were no Hams in the last half of the 1600's. If there had been, they'd have chucked radio and found a warm spot for a nap.
AB3CX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »

Geomagnetic storm conditions 4/11 into 4/12 kinda closed the bands...
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:33:33 AM »

In a 20 minute stretch starting at 2027Z yesterday, I worked A71CV on 20m, ZD7FT on 17m, J5UAP on 10m, and 8P6QA on 10m. Conditions didn't seem all that terrible...

Dave, AA6YQ (QTH near Boston)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: