Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Do Business with Tony Rogozinski, W4OI  (Read 10966 times)
K4ZMV

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »

On December 18, 2009, I responded to an ad on QTH.com for a Vibroplex Deluxe Presentation bug.  W4OI responded with a picture and I noted it was not the year version I wanted.  He responded with another picture of what I was looking for.  I offered him $400 for both keys and he accepted.  He asked that I pay him using PayPal.  I did so same day.  After waiting two weeks for shipping notification, I contacted him again and he said that he lived in Columbia and the person who would ship the keys was having trouble getting through the snow to his house in Virginia.  Then, he emailed me that he had a heart attack and that would delay him going home to ship the keys himself.  Now, he no longer responds to emails.  He is not dead or disabled.  I verified that through others that know him.  I filed a claim with PayPal and they informed me that I was past their 45 day limit.  So, I am out $400.  In one of his emails, he stated he was not a thief.  I beg to differ.

I also must mention that there is no easy way to determine if a seller has adverse information posted on QTH.com.  I did a search for Rogozinski and W4OI and got no hits.  I wasn't aware that you had to go to the swap chat forum to search for adverse information on sellers or that sellers with adverse information are not booted off the site.

This post is simply to inform others of what I experienced with W4OI.  I would recommend not doing business with him.
N3XP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:04:11 PM »

Look on the plus side, if he pulls this kind of crap on someone in Colombia, it will probably be the last time he does it.  A lot of people go missing there.
N4CQR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 05:21:31 AM »

More and more I am finding used car salesman and dope dealers to be more forthcoming than hams. Sad... Very sad.
W5RB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 06:37:58 AM »

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?p=14633&sid

I found this by simply Googling the name and call . BTW , he's AKA HK1AR , his Columbian call .
K4ZMV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 05:01:52 PM »

I have exchanged several emails about Tony Rogozinski with Scott Neader, KA9FOX after inappropriately unloading on Scott because I was mad at PayPal.  It was my fault I did not know how or where to look for information about QTH.com users who abuse the site.  There certainly is enough warning about that topic.  But, I have done dozens of transactions on QTH.com, buying and selling, never had a problem, and assumed I was bullet proof.

Scott knows Rogozinski well enough to contact him by phone, I assume, and learned he is having health and other difficulties.  It is Scott's belief that Rogozinski will make good on any outstanding business issues.  I hope so.

Just wanted to update this post with the latest information I have on Tony Rogozinski, W4OI.  His failure to communicate is probably his greatest fault, now and in the past.
K4ZMV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »

It has been over a month since Scott, KA9FOX, talked to Rogozinski.  I have heard nothing from him.  I am left to assume that I am out $400 and he is truly a thief.  Don't do business with him unless you want to contribute to the Rogozinski Relief Fund.
CROWBAR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 05:15:00 AM »

It has been over a month since Scott, KA9FOX, talked to Rogozinski.  I have heard nothing from him.  I am left to assume that I am out $400 and he is truly a thief.  Don't do business with him unless you want to contribute to the Rogozinski Relief Fund.

You are in GA, and he is in VA. For $400.00 I'd drive up there and tell him I want my damn money and I want it now.
K4ZMV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 11:40:01 AM »

Only problem with that is, he ain't in Virginia.  He currently lives in Columbia.  According to Scott, he was to come back to the states and take care of business.  That hasn't happened.  Scott says six weeks before he comes back, but my bet is he is just sorry and anyone he owes money to is out of luck.  Like my Dad said, 'It's worth $400 to find out who the sonofabitches are'.  Last time I give ANYONE money through paypal or any system where I can't get my hands on them.  Nice thought, though.  Wish he was in Virginia.

73, Jim
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 09:16:22 PM »

hi,

or the guy uses an isp in Columbia to hide his real location.

sooner or later these guys will take from the wrong person
and it will catch up with them big time.

sorry for your lost funds.

73 james
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 10:04:14 AM »

Colombia....not "Columbia"

"sooner or later these guys will take from the wrong person
and it will catch up with them big time."

If he rips off someone in Colombia he sure will!
K4ZMV

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 06:35:05 PM »

Last note from me on this topic.  After six months, I received two keys from Tony Rogozinski.  One was a Presentation model as we had discussed initially.  Tony sent me an email asking if I would accept a 1928 Lightning Bug with case and cord in place of the second Presentation model agreed to.  I accepted that substitution.  I hereby retract my statement that he is a thief.  However, he has to be the worst communicator around.  My post would never have been made if he had bothered to send me an email or have someone let me know what was going on.  Therefore, I stand by the subject, 'Don't Do Business with Tony Rogozinski, W4OI'.  End of message; out.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 07:03:12 PM »

Last note from me on this topic.  After six months, I received two keys from Tony Rogozinski.  One was a Presentation model as we had discussed initially.  Tony sent me an email asking if I would accept a 1928 Lightning Bug with case and cord in place of the second Presentation model agreed to.  I accepted that substitution.  I hereby retract my statement that he is a thief.  However, he has to be the worst communicator around.  My post would never have been made if he had bothered to send me an email or have someone let me know what was going on.  Therefore, I stand by the subject, 'Don't Do Business with Tony Rogozinski, W4OI'.  End of message; out.

I agree with you, as a bystander.

ZERO excuse for lack of communication.  At my company, our first rule is, "always communicate with the customer, every single day of any transaction and then for several days after that to be sure he's satisfied."

That's the way business works.

I require of my salespeople written (usually e-mail) evidence that a customer said, "Yep, I got it, and I'm thrilled!" -- otherwise the business transaction is a failure.

We are not allowed to let personal days, holidays, sick days or anything else interfere with such communications.  If you can't communicate with the customer, give up the account and turn it over to somebody who can.  Simple rule.  It works.
K6IQ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »

Sad to hear of hams ripping off other hams.

This is a good example why NOT to use paypal, if it is linked to a bank account. Contrary to the paypal hype about how you are protected it is nothing but hype.

If your paypal account is link to a credit card you may be able to dispute the charge with the credit card bank.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »

"ZERO excuse for lack of communication.  At my company, our first rule is, "always communicate with the customer, every single day of any transaction and then for several days after that to be sure he's satisfied."

Steve, it must be nice to have such a large staff that you can afford to do that Smiley  Many of the ham outfits are just small one-man operations and they don't have the time to send everyone and e-mail every day. The way I work it, you get an e-mail when you place the order and you get one when it ships and perhaps another if there are any unanticipated delays.

That's not to excuse the very long time lag in this particular case, but to expect an e-mail every day is not a very realistic expectation in many cases. With one-man operations you also have to make allowances for unexpected hospital stays, etc.
HK1AR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 06:43:10 AM »

As you know pal - all of what I told you was true!  You, like everyone else who has ever bought something from me, received
the items that you paid for!  I had problems and unfortunately they were shipped after a very long delay.  However you need
to change this posting NOW.

Tony W4OI
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: