Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call me stupid but...  (Read 575 times)
KC8TBY

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2010, 06:35:38 AM »

All right, call me stupid if you want but I have a real basic question concerning the DX Keeper logging program (part of the DXLab suite.
Is it necessary to have your computer hooked up to your rig in order to use this logging program?
At this point in time I am not interested in having my rig controlled by my computer, but I am looking for a good electronic logging program.
I have read great things about DX Keeper and I am anxious to give it a try!  Nowhere, however, can I find any answer to my question.  It seems as though everyone (and their mothers) who are using this, and some other logging programs, are also using the software to control their rigs.
Like I said...call me "stupid", but before I take all the steps necessary to download and install this software, well, I just want to be sure that it will be able to be used as a "stand alone program!...! LOL!
Thanks in advance for any and all replies!
Best to you all and, of course,
73!
Tom
KC8TBY
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 07:04:42 PM »

re "All right, call me stupid if you want but I have a real basic question concerning the DX Keeper logging program (part of the DXLab suite. Is it necessary to have your computer hooked up to your rig in order to use this logging program?"

>>>There is nothing stupid about your question. The answer is that its not necessary to have your rig connected to your computer to use DXKeeper; you can type in the frequency and mode along with the other information you're recording.

>>>You'll likely get faster responses to your questions by joining the DXLab Yahoo Group at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxlab/

Dave, AA6YQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: