Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Software circuit simulators  (Read 428 times)
VE7EPQ

Ignore
« on: September 03, 2006, 03:49:58 PM »

Is there software out there equivalent to Elnec/Eznec but for circuit simulation?  I am looking at simulating the circuits found in qrp rigs and see the currents/phasing/gain as it relates to the various choices being made.

All I am able to find on the internet is very expensive, and designed for commercial uses, not amateur experimentation.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 03:05:06 PM »

hi,

you can get a working version for 45 days
via download no cost here

http://www.electronicsworkbench.com/products/proprod_dl.html

73 james
WA7NCL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »

Go to the Linear Technology web site and down load Switcher CAD III, also known as LTspice.  It is full unlimited version of Berkley SPICE 3.  It is not a casterated eval or limited license SPICE.  It also has a Yahoo group if you need help.  I have used it for years.  It easily keeps up with PSPICE which costs several thousand dollars a seat.  All the other versions of SPICE try to get you to pay 300 to 500 bux for them.  Underneath they are almost all SPICE 3.

You can use libraries from any of the proprietary spices with LTspice.  I have used PSPICE libraries unmodified with LTspice.  There are also tons of spice models you can down load from vendors and adapt to LTSPICE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: