Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ts480sat  (Read 1062 times)
GM1ZVJ

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2006, 10:53:40 AM »

Anyone recommend a software control programme that suits the kenwood ts480sat, would be great if the actual on screen image was as near to the actual ts480sat looks as possible.

is there such a programme ??

regards,
           john   gm1zvj
AA6A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 08:59:17 PM »

I've never heard of an identical or even similar on screen appearance to the User Interface, but Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) is FREE, and screams fantastically with the TS-480 at the Maximum Baud Rate of 115,200bps.  Just make sure you've got a straight wired Female to Female DB-9 to DB-9 cable (same as for Kenwood's ARCP-480 software) and a really good USB <=> Serial adapter capable of High Speed communications.  If you PC has USB and you use a lesser quality USB Converter cable, HRD will show the cable's flaws!!  The Keyspan converter is exceptional.  Search the eHam Product Reviews for Ham Radio Deluxe, Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook, and Keyspan for more info.

You can very flexibly customize HRD's on screen User Interface layout.

It it best to have Kenwood's ARCP-480 Software as well as the Free HRD software.  Only rarely will I use Kenwood's program for the very few things it does do which HRD does not. Aside from that, I run HRD all the time with my TS-480.

If you have more questions, just ask.  My e-mail is good on QRZ.com

Very 73,

Rob - AA6A
Prev. AK9G
Prev. K6RSG
AA6A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 09:03:08 PM »

I've never heard of an identical or even similar on screen appearance to the User Interface, but Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) is FREE, and screams fantastically with the TS-480 at the Maximum Baud Rate of 115,200bps.  Just make sure you've got a straight wired Female to Female DB-9 to DB-9 cable (same as for Kenwood's ARCP-480 software) and a really good USB <=> Serial adapter capable of High Speed communications.  If you PC has USB and you use a lesser quality USB Converter cable, HRD will show the cable's flaws!!  The Keyspan converter is exceptional.  Search the eHam Product Reviews for Ham Radio Deluxe, Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook, and Keyspan for more info.

You can very flexibly customize HRD's on screen User Interface layout.

It it best to have Kenwood's ARCP-480 Software as well as the Free HRD software.  Only rarely will I use Kenwood's program for the very few things it does do which HRD does not. Aside from that, I run HRD all the time with my TS-480.

If you have more questions, just ask.  My e-mail is good on QRZ.com

Very 73,

Rob - AA6A
Prev. AK9G
Prev. K6RSG
GM1ZVJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 03:32:05 PM »

Hi sir first off all sorry for the slight delay in getting back to you regarding your own reply to my questions on the ts480sat, okay thats fine yep do have a copy off ham radio deluxe here so will certainly get things sorted out soon.

have actually asked a few questions regards using the heil hc4 /hc5 inserts on this very set over on Elmers, any advice re dx audio settings on this set ??

thanks again,
              john   gm1zvj
GM1ZVJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 02:34:48 PM »

Okay if I want to add say  a voice keyer software programme to use with the pc / ts480sat what would be required to get the saved audio from the pc to the actual radio itself ?? would I   require an isolated audio interface or would a simple data cable consisting off a six pin min-din plug for the main body off the set and two 3.5mm jacks to go into the michrophone and speaker sockets off the soundcard do the very job ??

slightly confused in this side off things if anyone can clarify exactly what I require ??

regards
GM1ZVJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 02:41:35 PM »

Okay guys hooked up my pc /ts480sat tonight and attempted to run the  Ham Radio Deluxe control programme, everything seemed fine until afer a minute ot two when suddenly the pc re-booted and gave a windows message advising that a serious error had occured, tried the programme several more times again with the same result everytime.

anyone any ideas ??
GM1ZVJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 12:51:33 PM »

Okay guys, anyone here any experience off using kenwoods own freeware rig control software designed for the ts480sat ?? having installed the programme was somewhat surprised to see that the actual screen image does not fill the pc`s whole screen and there does not appear to be an option to allow this ??

strangely enough from looking at the sales brochure for this transceiver it shows a pc in the background having a full screen display off this programme ??!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: