Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting really frustrated....PSK 31 anyone??  (Read 594 times)
WA8MEA

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2010, 10:23:41 AM »

I had some hope about six weeks ago when the flux and sunspot numbers were growing and the bands really opened up. (Including ten....)

Since the solstice, it seems the bands are starting to sound just like last summer....maybe even worse.  I'm not sure if I can put up with yet another year of this minimum.  This minimum has been the longest in my lifetime.

There are so many hobbies within the hobby and for almost four decades, I've done many of them: Homebrew, refurbishing antique gear, qrp, amps, antennas, magic band, gentleman's band, two meter ssb, ARES-RACES, etc.

I have NOT tried PSK-31 as of yet and know very little about it.  From what folks have told me....it appears to be a fun mode.

Any good books on the topic?  My new AES catalog has nothing featured in the book section on PSK-31.

Yes, I could run a search.  However, I would like to receive input from my fellow ham brethren on suggested titles and authors regarding PSK....

73, Bill - WA8MEA
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:03:36 PM »

The ARRL has a book on digital modes that includes PSK31. However, I think you'd get more specific PSK31 info (and for free) by doing a google search on psk31. DigiPan is free software that you can download and is good to start out with. The help files will give you info about building a sound card interface.

AA0CW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »

Check out K7AGE videos on YouTube. I watched those, bought a Signalink USB and in a few minutes made my first psk31 QSO. It's a lot of fun.
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:16:09 PM »

Yes, I could run a search
<<snide remark deleted on second thought - don't take it personaly - It was ommited only for the benefit of the other readers of this thread>>

on suggested titles and authors regarding PSK
You are in luck.
Ready made clickable link ready waiting for your mouse-left-click
http://www.qsl.net/wm2u/psk31.html
There are a lot of other guides/articles/pages/sites etc out there.

Dimitri
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: