Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT60 Error  (Read 3276 times)
KC8YEC

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2010, 05:49:53 AM »

I am having issues programming my FT60. I run the commander software, have the usb programming cable connected to a WINDOWS XP computer with a USB update, USB cable is recognized. But when I connect the FT60, go to CLONE, press the PTT and it says TX, it goes right to ERROR. I've gone thru the commander software and tried every com port with no success. Any suggestions? I got the programming cable from Valley Enterprises as well as the USB driver update.

de Doug - KB8M
W8LGZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:30:28 PM »

You will probably have to do a master reset on the ht, then, "read" (download) from the ht to the Commander software. After you've gotten to that point, edit the Commander software(add your frequencies) and "write" (upload) it back to the ht. My experience with the Commander software in the past is that it needs a "factory" template of the radio before it will write to it.

Good luck,
Jim
KC8YEC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »

Well, tried that and still get the error message. Gonna keep at it. Not sure if its a communications error - not connecting thru the USB or exactly what.
W8LGZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »

You've probably already checked this, but it may be worth a shot. Have you verified which port your USB adapter is plugged into through Control Panel/System/Device Manager and then made sure the same one is checked in FT-60 Commander under Settings/Port? If that's not the problem, you might try uninstalling/re-installing the drivers for the USB adaptor. Also, on John-KC8UNJ's site for the Commander software under Other Software, he has a cable loopback test program. You may want to download it and test your cable.

I'm out of ideas after that. Sorry.

Good luck!
Jim
AE5MW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 07:01:26 PM »

Comander software did not work with my FT60 either. Broke down and got Yaesu software and cable. No other problems.
KJ4KKI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:45:40 PM »

For what it's worth, Yaesu told me they see a lot of radios messed up because of Commander software.  That's just what the tech guy told me.  I use ADMS and love it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: