Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LINKSYS WIRELESS ROUTER INTERFERENCE  (Read 448 times)
KG4PGM

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:37:57 PM »

I recently purchased a new 2meter HT. Foiund that my Linksys wireless computer network router is radiating very strong harmonics between 144.00Mhz and 148.00Mhz. The affected area is more than 30FEET radius from the router so it's not a case of just moving one or the other. I have a call into Linksys. Any ideas, other than shutting the system down while I'm using the radio ? I've tried changing firmware, modes, and channels in the router - no help.
WA4MJF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 05:23:02 PM »

Something got hosed, see my reply under
the USB topic below.

73 de Ronnie
W4SK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 08:47:57 AM »

Sure sorry to hear it.  I have the same system at work and at home, and neither causes any interference with my HF or VHF gear, including a pair of 2mtr HTs.

Wonder if you just got a bad one?

-W4SK
W4VR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 10:49:18 AM »

when mine is turned on I get two very strong carriers in the 12 meter band...just below 24.960.
KF6IIU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 01:57:37 PM »

I have an old BEFW11S4. The radiation is from the ethernet cables, on HF, mostly around 7 Mc, and ferrite beads on the ethernet cables helped. Don't have any problems at VHF.

Some ethernet chipsets are REALLY bad. I have an Intel CA810 mobo with a builtin Intel chipset and I can pick it up a block away. Since it only radiates when an ethernet link is established, I use a PCI ethernet card instead.
KC2MMI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 08:01:29 AM »

"BEFW11S4." I think that's the one I finally got rid of, because it squealed like a stuck pig on multiple frequencies. Neither the FCC nor Linksys really cares, although Linksys will repair/replace it if it is still under warranty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: