Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighbor say's I am turning on his Ceiling Fan  (Read 3026 times)
VE2ITZ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 09:58:14 AM »

Could be possible!

In this hamming business any "FAN CY" stuff can happen.

Anything as long as "the sh!t does not hit the fan"! LOL!

The other day, my upstairs neighbour saw me working on top of the roof. The same day the technician for my telephone company came and fixed my telephone line.

My neighbour saw that i had put up my HF antenna and asked me if it could be possible that me putting up the antenna might be the reason why she had lost her "illegally connected cable television signal"!

Just blame the Ham!

Gosh....Illegally connected cable signal and she still takes the time to make a point about it!

I explained to her that there was a higher probability that the Tech from the Telephone company might have onhooked her cable connection, and therefore lost her signal, than me working on my hf antenna and making her loose the signal!

I suggested to her that maybe she could pay herself basic cable fees since that is one of her main activities.

Some people seem no better excuse than to find the fault on others and they really hate to take responsibility for their lives.

Cheers all!
K9BAY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »

I am not surprised, when I was tuning my dipole antenna, I was turning on and off the touch lamp in a bedroom next to the shack.

K9BAY
K7TCE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 03:34:39 PM »

I would take your neighbor seriously.  I have a 135' OCF that runs 15 feet above the house.  My 100 watt radio consistantly turns on my rf remote controlled fan and light in my living room, and also one of the touch desk lamps in a bedroom.  Depending on the band, it often turns on motion detector floodlights over the garage door.
KE2KB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »

Part 15 is not very stringent about RFI. I used to work for a medical device manufacturer, and we had to test per FDA and MIL specs, which make FCC look like a joke.
Of course, in such devices, RFI is a much more serious issue, so the stricter testing is necessary.

I would just try the toroidal core with several turns of both hot and neutral wires (running in same direction) in the fan outlet box.

KE2KB
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »

I would not be suprised if you are triggering his fan.  I discovered when on my 2 meter base station I triggered my neighbors garage door opener.  We changed the frequency on his system on the remote and opener and  cured it.
Luckily I know him quite well and he saw the humor in it.  If the frequency can be changed in the fan remote this might be a cure for you also.  Otherwise some  ferrite clamp on chokes may be the next best remedy.
good luck on your solution!
Bob
K6UJ
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: