Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Echolink trouble - cannot connect to any server  (Read 951 times)
N0XMZ

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2006, 09:33:30 PM »

I can connect to Echolink so far as seeing what nodes are available but I cannot connect to any of them. I am using ZoneAlarm Pro, and yes, I went through the process of allowing the specific ports as described on Echolink's "Firewall Issues" page. I also gave it server privleges in ZoneAlarm, even "100% trusting". I do not have the firewall within the DI-604 router enabled, but I did go ahead and configured the router as instructed on the "applications" page.

I'm stuck here and I can't for the life of me figure out why I cannot connect. Any ideas?
K3AN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »

Use your radio instead. It's a lot easier. No firewalls, port enabling, viruses or worms, etc. And you don't have to genuflect toward Redmond before you make a QSO.
AE1X

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »

Which operating system are you using?
Are you using router?

If you are using WinXp, you must disable the included firewall in addition the ZoneAlarm Pro.

If you are using a router, you must set your router to port forward UDP 5198, 5199, and 5200 to the address assigned to the PC running EchoLink.

You might be interested in joining the EchoLink users group on Yahoo! This group provides a plethora of information to users to get them going.

Ken

N0XMZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 03:13:54 PM »

Win XP Pro. Windows firewall is disbled and router is configured as described. I will check out the yahoo group. Thanks.
G3SEA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 04:23:40 PM »

AE1X has pointed you in the right direction Smiley

I have used EchoLink ( and IRLP ) extensively in the past to call into repeaters all over the World when circumstances prohibit using a radio and / or antenna's.

It's not pure radio but it is a wonderful ' system ' for expats Wink
                                KH6/G3SEA
N4CDB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 12:34:01 PM »

I have yet to be able to connect to an Echolink node via RF. I key in the codes even just for a status and can't ever get a response back.

For firewall info this is a pretty good site: http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Echolink/Echolinkindex.htm
N5EAT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 07:09:30 AM »

You may wish to connect to your cable modem or dsl modem and enable IP Passthrough.  If you do an IP config and get a 192.xxx.xxx.xxx address, this is an internal address which is assigned by windows to your local card or modem device.  Enabling IP passthrough will allow the ip address assigned by your internet service to "pass through" the modem and be assigned to your net card.

I had the same problem until I enable IP passthrough for my DSL modem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: